Sidescroller

by Forum_account
Sidescroller
This library gives you the basic movement system of a platformer. You can make an action/platform game in minutes!
ID:314066

BYOND Version:493
Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 17.0.963.56
Applies to:DM Language

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
When a setting pwidth/pheight, the mob falls right through the platform leading to a black screen.
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1) Give an atom a pwidth/pheight, preferably a mob, and compile and run it.

Expected Results:
Being able to stand on a platform.

Actual Results:
I get a black screen; let's say you set the mob's location to (1,1,1), it falls right through the platform when it is not dense. If the turf is dense and you set it to (1,2,1), you're standing on top of an invisible turf, sort of.
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Everytime.
In other games?
I don't know, since I'm the only one experiencing this problem as far as I can tell.
In other user accounts?
Yes.
On other computers?
Yes.

When does the problem NOT occur?
By removing your library and using DM's native variables for handling an atom's bounding box.

Workarounds:
I've been thinking about using BYOND's native bounds variables but a friend of mine told me that it might interfere with it so I didn't bother.

Mobs will fall off the map if they reach the bottom. If you're placing a mob at (1,1,1), there's no turf below them (they're already in the bottom row of the map). You'd have to put the mob at (1,2,1) and make the turf at (1,1,1) dense so they can stand on top of it.

I don't think it'd be an issue with bounds. Each atom's bounds vars are set by the library to match their pwidth and pheight. Even if you don't set them they should default to world.icon_size. Do you override the atom's or mob's New() proc and not call ..() in it?