ID:31492

Keywords: apple, computers, crime

Poll: Will you try Safari for Windows?

No, I have a brain 81% (22)
Yes, I'm a moron like Mike H! 18% (5)

Login to vote.

I really have to wonder what they were smoking when they came up with this one. Apple has made some mind-bogglingly stupid moves in its history, but this really takes the cake: take your worst product and port it to Windows, showing the rest of the world just how bad you can be when you want to. Maybe they figured it worked for Microsoft...

Safari severely lags Firefox, IE, and Opera in features, standards compliance, and overall usability. I can't possibly imagine the benefit of porting it to Windows. They actually believe that more than a handful Windows users will download and use this thing? Hilarious. Sorry, but Safari is only for idiot Mac fanboys like myself.

If you want to try a non-compliant, feature-poor browser that doesn't act like a proper Windows app, download Safari beta now!
Eh, anything is better than IE. Granted, I'm definitely not going to switch from Firefox.
28 megs for a browser is a little overkill.
I saw this the other day on a friends computer.. My gut reaction was, 'Dear god! No!'. And, well, it still is :(
possibly a good thing could come out of it: i won't have to bug my Mac colleagues anymore to test out websites for me if this works under Wine on Linux. :)
Keywords: computers, crime, apple

Crime for sure. Steve should be in handcuffs right now. But, out of morbid curiosity, I'm going to download it onto my computer.
It crashed on me 10 minutes after trying to set it up.
You missed out the 'No, I despise Apple, particularly for their stupid video flash things which crash my computer' option.
Well, I can't call Safari the world's worst browser just based on the fact that Microsoft from the beginning went out of their way to poke security holes into IE, which still make it the most dangerous browser to use for anything. A browser that crashes twice as often but doesn't pose the risks of letting ActiveX install trojans on your machine is far better!

That said, I can't imagine what the appeal of Safari could ever be except among pomalytes who have been dragged kicking and screaming over to Windows. Even Opera is no great shakes, and that's the browser of choice for people too smart to use IE but too lacking in common sense to use Firefox.
Lummox JR wrote:
Even Opera is no great shakes, and that's the browser of choice for people too smart to use IE but too lacking in common sense to use Firefox.

right, because firefox is WAY BETTER than opera