ID:36779

Thanksgiving greetings from St. Louis! As planned, we sat a camera on the dashboard of the car for the entire trip here. The laptop ran a custom program I wrote to capture an image every 2 seconds while moving. Watch the resulting time-lapse movie to zoom half way across the US in a mere 10 minutes, at an average speed of over 10,000 miles per hour!

looked like you drove kinda fast did yall get any tickets
I can't tell if he was serious or not.. But I bet you could make a load of money off of these scripts you keep storming up. More money is always nice right?
What part of Texas did you guys drive through? (The video wouldn't load for me).
It really needed some music, the end result was as boring as something like this could wind up to be. When you time-lapse something it's always a good idea, I mean my friend Jon did something like that when he put all of his shirts on.
I want my money back, that's not 10,000 miles per hour! >:(

BTW, I noticed you hit a dog in the movie.
By the look of it, he followed Route 40 most of the way, and went through the top nipple of Texas. (Heh heh, nipple.)

http://maps.google.com/ maps?q=Orange%2C%20CA%20to%20St%20Louis%2C%20MO&f=q&hl=en
Tcoo wrote:

Doesn't look like it. Where are the police when you need them? >:(

And you were driving on the wrong side of the road, too. For shame, Mike!
I can't drive 55!
Crispy wrote:
Tcoo wrote:

Doesn't look like it. Where are the police when you need them? >:(

And you were driving on the wrong side of the road, too. For shame, Mike!

Alright, America may be last to switch to metric, but you guys really need to get on the right side of the road.
Airjoe wrote:
but you guys really need to get on the right side of the road.

Studies show that you're over 8,000% more likely to get into an accident while driving on the right hand side of the road.

Of course those studies were done in Australia on public roads.
Heh. I looked up the driving on the left or right article, and the article pointed out that the right eye in most humans is dominant, lending favour to driving on the left when vehicles are your concern. Personally, I think driving on the right is superior even with the right eye dominant because pedestrians are your concern. You can survive a head-on car crash, especially if all of the occupants are wearing their seatbelts. A car travelling at 50 km/h saying "hello" to a pedestrian, on the other hand... roll 4dF and see if you score an Excellent roll or better.