ID:40433

Keywords: multiserver, snrpg
So, this is the SNRPG blog. Not a very imaginative name, I know, but it gets the job done. Here I'll talk about some upcoming stuff for SNRPG I've been working on. Keep in mind that since none of this is actually up, it stands to change at any time.

The main thing I've been doing for SNRPG lately is writing some code for a multi-server setup. There'll be an always-on server with the last stable release and a usually-on server with all of the latest updates, with savefiles shared between them. The way this'll work is that when you save your game, it'll be saved both to the server you're on and to a central savefile-hosting server. When starting the game, you'll be able to either use your savefile from the server (for convenience, if it was the last server you played on) or use the savefile from the central server. This prevents the problems of the client-side saving with encryption approach, where both servers can use the same file on your computer. This is all well and good until you realize that you have to start a new savefile if you access the game from any other computer.

So, questions? Feedback? I've never seen this setup used anywhere before, and I'd like to know your thoughts on it.

Hyarion, signing out.
Abysion wrote:
your game is like rise of heroes but rise of heroes is 1000000000000000000000000000000000x better cuz u need to finish your game first the best weapon isa kokiri sword and its just 3 areas and its to hard to train cuz the enemys are to strong and u to weak

...Well, of course I need to finish it. As to the enemy difficulty, I thought it was pretty even to RoH, but Element may have tweaked it a bit recently. Anyways, this is for comments on the multi-server setup. Go to SNRPG's website to comment on the game itself.
your game supernintendo is cool dude
Your AA:BE game is good.
sorry for this this game is cool of course is roh better cuz its finish but if this game finish it will be 10x better then roh sorry for the last post
Hi, i love the idea of Ace Attorney: BYOND Edition. xD
you really need to advertise this game some more! it was actually a miracle but i managed to have a trial with some people (although the trial ended with the Judge, Defense Aide, and Witness (guilty) only)

it was really funny, but the main problem was people leaving because of the lag caused by the animations
Hyarion add [email protected] i need to speak to you about something
Dude, your AA:BE game is cool. But no one seems to be working on it even though you said so...
this is to discuse the SERVER SAVE SETUP! Not AA:BE or SNRPG in General... x.x

PS: Hyarion, that is BRILLIANT I have thought of it before.. >.> and you were the only one with GUTS to make it....
So, umm, are you doing anything with your AA:BE game?
I love this game =D
Why hasnt the game been up for a while?
how can i host super nintendo rpg plz plz plz plz
AA:BE, NOW.
hyarion why you never log in to make more STUFF on snrpg its really good and you need to finish it! or atleast make it so that people can host snrpg.

thx plz that game is the best to all nintendo fans
FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU BANNED ME!!!!!
UNBAN ME! UNBAN ME!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please bring AA:BE back. :<
Been so long since SNRPG came back on. BLAME DRAGON! But, I have no problem with the "New computer = New save" thing.
Page: 1 2