ID:447820

Keywords: byond, file, newgrounds, ng
Newgrounds has added a direct download file hoster that accepts zip, jpg, fla, etc... files that are less than 40mbs per file

I was thinking that we can make use of this over (or alongside) Byonds own file hoster that limits it all to 20mb per key....

or atleast have another dl input option specifically for newgrounds where you can put the link and people can download it from the games hub (not unlike the way that the byond download would work...) so that it doesn't say "Currently Unavailable" which discourages people from actually reading the description where the dl link is usually located....
Sorry but that makes no sense what so ever ...

You can link it to anywhere ...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You don't have to use BYOND's system to upload files ... if you have a game over MB I would suggest hosting it else where... Drop box could be a very popular option ..
gahh >.< what I mean is... When i put the DL link in, it doesnt register as a direct dl link...
it says it could not be contacted
If it doesn't register as a direct download link, then I suspect it's not. The system isn't really perfect though and there could be something special about the URL that it's not taking into account. One thing we do check for is the MIME type of the download. It's possible the Newgrounds downloader is actually routing you through an HTML page that immediately redirects to the download via JavaScript, which wouldn't be compatible with our hub. I wouldn't know without testing the URL myself.
That takes me to a login page. It might be a direct link if you're logged in but it doesn't work as one if you're not, so the hub can't use it.
ahh i see, I did not know that... hmmm
Use drop box its perfect for this .... and you can update the zip at anytime...

Drop box is free for 2GB of space. bandwidth is 10GB a day a quick google search resolved that info..
Alrighty, thank you very much