Duel Monsters Online

by Kajika
Duel Monsters Online
An online version of the Trading Card Game.
ID:46269

It's been a while since I've actually played DMO, but I actually owe it my thanks as it was the very reason I found BYOND. Back in 2005 I had few internet friends and I met someone who like Duel Monsters as I did. Eventually I started googleing Duel Monsters Online and found some client based game. So I downloaded it and me and my friend played it. It was actually pretty fun, but I still wanted something more. Eventually I found Duel Monsters Online, linked to BYOND and so I created my first account (Maddog_Pimp) which were too of the nicknames I got from school. Eventually I realized how ridiculous the name was and created another one, "Killer22." Killer because it was another nickname and I prefered it more, and 22 because it was the number on my football uniform. Anyways, as thanks to DMO, I've decided to propose a review. Enjoy!

* Gameplay - 10 *
One think I really liked about the game was how similar it was to the actually anime. If I wasn't so lazy about creating a new deck, I'd prolly play it more often. I use to save all my deck codes but then that file accidentally got deleted and I really didn't feel like created a new deck. Though there are newer Duel Monster games, I still prefer DMO because it is after all the classic.

* Presentation - 9 *
It's the first successful attempt to create an anime fan-based game. It uses a well created duel system with little to no bugs at all. It really stands out among other games.

* Originality - 7 *
Though I've asked the question myself along with several other byonders, "How can fan-based games be original." Well, I've decided to make an acceptation for this game being as it's more original compared to the other anime games on BYOND.

* Community - 10 *
DMO as I remmeber always had the better community. There's hardly ever been a time when I joined a server and people would be treated unfairly or discriminated against. Everyone seemed intelligent and nobody really had anything against one another.

* Wrap-Up *
It really is a great game, props to Kajika and his staff for all the work that has gone into the game.
I don't get originality...and the community was garbage...but it was fun.I don't know if you watched worldchat but people always bickered with each other...Which is very fun sometimes.
Aeris Gainsborough wrote:
I don't get originality...and the community was garbage...but it was fun.I don't know if you watched worldchat but people always bickered with each other...Which is very fun sometimes.

Yes, but I've seen worse. And generally they were nice to me so I have nothing against it.
just had to ruin what the guy was doing eh aeries. you wonder why your only two friends on here are broken and soulicious. its been asked many times what would dmo be like without brokensoul. soulicious, and you. it would be great. everyone would be cool with each other. no problems. its you three that have ruined the game for 50% of the people. so yeah. don't ruin what killer22 is trying to do. be positive. or stfu. dmo still best yugioh game on web.
Community = 5
Originality = 8
This my friends, is an example of a bad review.
I'm not saying the game is bad, compard to most BYOND anime games (actually, maybe all of them) it is pretty amazing. But the review it's self sucks, badly.

You basically went
"Game is good, so it gets 9 presentation
I decided this game is original, so I give it 7 originality
Community is good, 10/10!"

You gave no real reason for the scores you gave it, other than "I want to give it a high score, so I will". You also told people very little at all about the actual game (which is the purpose of a review).
Probably the best game BYOND:Anime is sporting right now. However, the review lacks pictures and explanation.

Personally I think it's the best in the BYOND Anime roster right now, until Fint gets done with PCOv2.
I have nothing to add. Just agreeing with "The Magic Man". I've seen a lot of these "reviews" lately, and it doesn't bode well.
Actually, Magic Man's hit the target. This is a pretty bad review. I don't know what I was thinking. Oh well.
first off the review was not that great but im going to agree with him thats its a great game

but the part about having a great community is so off we have one of the worst i have seen

and solo stop trying to start a fight over a review
lol chase. i wasn't starting a fight. i was explaining to aeries why she seems to think that community is garbage. now she knows why
"DMO as I remmeber always had the better community. There's hardly ever been a time when I joined a server and people would be treated unfairly or discriminated against. Everyone seemed intelligent and nobody really had anything against one another."

lmfao...what the f*** are you talking about?? People are always complaining, arguing like little b****es for the dumbest reasons there. And so much racism and offensive terms were being used all the times. Especially when a self proclaim leet lose a duel to a noob (n00b, nub, newb) in a rated tourny :|
You forgot to add a section for good ol' OLB. Get to it and save your review from Failure.
lol @ Community part.
Aeris smells anyways. True story.

- Kel
The reason I found Byond :)
Soulicious is a POWER abuser never give him mod cuz he'll ban me every gasme like dmu for kicking his ass and aeris jus annoying me with the line of u sayng u dont remember me soulious jus hate me cuz i ownt him hard n public never give him power he jus banned me and aeris more then likly will take up for him
SoloSoldier wrote:
just had to ruin what the guy was doing eh aeries. you wonder why your only two friends on here are broken and soulicious. its been asked many times what would dmo be like without brokensoul. soulicious, and you. it would be great. everyone would be cool with each other. no problems. its you three that have ruined the game for 50% of the people. so yeah. don't ruin what killer22 is trying to do. be positive. or stfu. dmo still best yugioh game on web.
I my self find aeris very annoying she can stay but soul and broken r the reason no one get along as much soul bans everyone when he gets pwnt so he can b the strongest looked when inside he knows he's weak
Aeris Gainsborough wrote:

not everyone wants drama likeu and broken and soul i say they b banned form dmo cept aeris
The last 3 posts are proof that the DMO community doesn't deserve a 10.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5