ID:47368

Military Tycoon
Some of you may remember the original Army Tycoon (it was bad). This would be a revamp with better skins (the old one was very eye-hurting), better coding and an actual finished tutorial. It would, of course, contain things from the old Army Tycoon:

-Anonymity. No one knows your country exists and cannot attack it until it does a public action such as an attack or an airstrike.
-Ranking. As your army grows, its rank will go up and up. This way newer players know not to f*ck around with the big boys. It also opens up a system where armies can only attack those of a certain rank below and maybe above them, but I'll probably not put that in.
-Scouting. This is when you send out X number of troops to scout for things. The scouts can return empty-handed, with abandoned money, weapons, or savages that you can turn into troops, or other armies, cities that will join your country, or not at all. Bigger scout groups make it more likely to find materials and cities and the like, and less likely to disappear, unless they stumble upon another country and get seen and shot.
-Civilians. You can only buy a number of troops from this. When it runs out, you cannot buy any more troops. When attacked, troops will die first and then civilians will go, much faster than troops will.
Random events may or may not make an appearance.

As well as a few ideas for new features:

-Strategical combat. Actual battle plans. Weaknesses. Strengths. Terrain affecting both sides. This will make more much less clicking the "Declare War" button and much more actual tactics. Thus, we can have Finland fighting the Soviets and still have Finland win.
-And... other things I can't think of right now.

Company
Quote from below post:

"Well, I was planning on making a game called Company, a text game that actually looked good instead of being black and white and eye-hurting.

Basically you're a person with needs just like a normal person, and you start out with some money. You can either start a company or get hired by one, and you have to train yourself to raise your skills to make better quality products which sell better.

Also it will be turn-based, so you have to make your decisions in a certain amount of time before the day ends. There will also be an AFK mode that basically attends work if you have a job, and eats food every day if food is available. If for any reason you run out of food, out of AFK mode you have 5 days and then you die of starvation, and in AFK mode the game plays a loud beep and still have 5 days.

For instance, a normal play session could go like this:

Join game, send out job application.
Go to market, grab some cheap fast food.
Get hired, go to work.
Eat meal and end turn.

Go to work, attend training seminar (quicker way to level up stats, costs money and is hosted by the company owner).
Get food from own company off market.
End turn.

And so on, just a basic outline."

You may notice these are all text games(!). Well...

Apocalypse
Most of the credit for this goes to Brin Milo, AKA Mr_Squee.
Apocolypse is a nuclear survival game. Wait! Don't click out just yet. In Apocalypse, you start out in the barren wasteland alone and unskilled. There's a river, and a few destroyed buildings. There may be a few tribes, people banded together to survive.

Apocalypse's features will include:
-Skill advancement. You have to use a skill to get better at a skill.
-Permanent permanent death. You cannot get your character back, and your key is banned. This provides much incentive to avoid dying, and most deaths will be by accident anyway, because killing someone will greatly reduce your luck, skills, etc. for a long time. If you do have a nasty accident, it's good to have a friend or two with you to make sure you don't die, so people will have to use teamwork more than most games.
-Unconsciousness and kidnapping. Before you die, you will go into unconsciousness. This allows a few extra things: being tied up, and being dragged. If you're tied up, you can't do anything with your hands and your movement is greatly slowed down. You can also be tied to things, such as a chair, to prevent movement altogether. When unconscious, you can also be dragged, to a hospital or to a secret place or a base.
-And many other things!
key banning is a bit extreme.
If you can just remake it removes a lot of the value of a character. I could also make it key banning for a certain amount of time.
well it be a bit of a problem for new players who aren't used to the game dying accidentally and you know getting banned for trying it out. doesn't get you many repeat players.
It'll come with a full tutorial explaining everything they need to know about the game, and admins will have a command to instantly unban someone. Also bans, if only timed instead of permanent, will go up in time after each death:

-30 min
-1 1/2 hours
-3 hours
-6 hours
-12 hours
-1 day
-2 days
-4 days
-5 days
-7 days
-10 days
-15 days
-20 days
and so on.
most people learn better through actions rather than simply reading about something. it's best for a player to be able to experiment, and you've already got the hassle of recreating characters at death. if players have spent their time playing your game, character deletion is already a good enough deterrent from needlessly dying. getting banned for merely playing your game, or even simply trying it, is just not a wise choice. and i doubt your admins will be able to handle every single unnecessary death.
If you'll read, you'll see that the first death will have miniscule time, possibly no time at all, just a free pass. And all the tutorial will do is teach you how to survive and what happens if you die, and how you should join a tribe in case you get hurt, and then release you.
all i suggested was that any sort of banning, whether permanent or otherwise, will deter most people from playing your game. hey maybe you're right, i don't know.
And as I said, maybe the first death will be free, no banning, just a warning that the next will have consequences.
I think that you will have quite a bit of hassle with that. Screw playing a game, just to die and get punted off for 3 days.
Please read. You would have to die 9 times before you would get punted off for 3 days.
Even still, you would have to make it so it is very hard to die then, what strategies do you have to prevent death?
Well for one, most accidents would simply wound you, maybe knock you unconscious, and things like explosions would draw attention, because sounds like that travel far. You could also scream or yell for help when injured, which would attract nearby attention, with intentions good and bad, and also if you're in a tribe your mates will probably help you. Also, if you're being attacked, it is incredibly hard to kill someone and generally not especially worth it after, because if you take items from it they may become worthless or cursed, etc. and you will get a luck and skill penalty for a long time
So, what is the general point to the game?
Which one?
Squeegy wrote:
Well for one, most accidents would simply wound you, maybe knock you unconscious, and things like explosions would draw attention, because sounds like that travel far. You could also scream or yell for help when injured, which would attract nearby attention, with intentions good and bad, and also if you're in a tribe your mates will probably help you. Also, if you're being attacked, it is incredibly hard to kill someone and generally not especially worth it after, because if you take items from it they may become worthless or cursed, etc. and you will get a luck and skill penalty for a long time

Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.
Why do you think there was an apocalypse? =P That gave me the mental image of a guy with a gun standing on a hill over a ruined city on fire laughing hysterically.