ID:50103

Earlier today. I was still deciding on who I wanted to vote for when I entered the poll. So, I crammed a couple thoughts at the last minute, and casted my vote for...

General George S. Patton.

Now, I know nearly everyone thinks I threw away my vote, but in reality I didn't. It's your civic duty to VOTE, yes, but I don't have to go along with causes I don't believe. I'll explain my decision, although I'm sure I'll be criticized.

1) I despise the two-party system. George Washington said they would be the downfall of our country, and I'm more and more thinking that he was dead-on. It's sad when candidates use "reaching across the aisle" as a point to show they're DIFFERENT. People should vote on the issues, and being a party member only suggest you conform to a cause you probably don't wholly agree with.

2) Neither of the candidates earned my vote. I feel a candidate should show me why I should vote for them, not that I shouldn't vote for anyone else. Negative politics just sicken me, and any time I hear one candidate bashing another I think about gouging my eyes out.

3) Both candidates proved I shouldn't vote for them. By in large, I don't like Obama's health care plan. I think that should stay privatized. of course, I'm also against giving out welfare to people who aren't legitimately handicapped. So on the issues, we don't exactly agree. McCain managed to make me just laugh at him after he chose Palin. Seriously, Bush with boobs is not the person I want taking over after McCain kicks the bucket.

4) Third party Candidates are no better than voting for Patton. I debated on which other candidate I would vote for, and honestly, none deserve my vote. Patton, on the other hand, deserves much more than one posthumous vote. Seriously, the man was a freaking military genius.
In my highschool's mock election, I voted "neither", which I had to write in (I started a trend; someone in my class voted "Jesus", and another chose "Captain Falcon"). My school's faculty is as nearsighted as that airforce.abdicrib guy.
Too bad Geoge S. Patton isn't a real person, but your other points stand.
Jeff8500 wrote:
In my highschool's mock election, I voted "neither", which I had to write in (I started a trend; someone in my class voted "Jesus", and another chose "Captain Falcon"). My school's faculty is as nearsighted as that airforce.abdicrib guy.

My school is having a mock election too, but it's a poll so I couldn't do a write-in. I would've wrote Captain Falcon aswell, just because he's third only to Chuck Norris and Michael Phelps. (Who already own the world, so they don't need to be president)

FALCON.. TAX CUT!
My Grandpa served under Patton throughout all of the war.
Mechana2412 wrote:
Jeff8500 wrote:

My school is having a mock election too, but it's a poll so I couldn't do a write-in. I would've wrote Captain Falcon aswell, just because he's third only to Chuck Norris and Michael Phelps. (Who already own the world, so they don't need to be president)

FALCON.. TAX CUT!

My school didn't have write ins, either. I just made my own line below Barrack and McCain (it was on paper :P)
Should've voted for Colbert!:D

But I'm a fan of Nader, and will be voting for him. Last election, I would've laughed at the idea. This election, I realize it just makes sense.

I'm not a fan of all of his ideas. For example, I believe nuclear power is the future and the cure for our energy "crisis".

It won't matter, since I'm sure he wouldn't win, but you never know!

Some people think I should vote for Obama or else I'm throwing my vote away. It's not true, if I were to vote for Obama, I'd be lying to myself and doing a disservice to my country.
Jerico2day wrote:
Should've voted for Colbert!:D

But I'm a fan of Nader, and will be voting for him. Last election, I would've laughed at the idea. This election, I realize it just makes sense.

I'm not a fan of all of his ideas. For example, I believe nuclear power is the future and the cure for our energy "crisis".

It won't matter, since I'm sure he wouldn't win, but you never know!

Some people think I should vote for Obama or else I'm throwing my vote away. It's not true, if I were to vote for Obama, I'd be lying to myself and doing a disservice to my country.

Yeah, nuclear power ftw. We just have to wait until nuclear fusion becomes feasible (if it ever does).
Vexonater wrote:
Too bad Geoge S. Patton isn't a real person, but your other points stand.

Fixed it.

Anyways, the only way to throw away your vote is to not vote. It's your civic DUTY to vote. It's not a privilege like drinking and smoking. In order for this country to keep moving forward, you need to vote. Now, if you vote for someone like Patton, it may seem silly, but you're using your vote to make a point.
Not voting is also a right. If everybody didn't vote, then it means the government failz. And we move immediately to anarchy. Anarchy ftw!
Jerico2day wrote:
Not voting is also a right. If everybody didn't vote, then it means the government failz. And we move immediately to anarchy. Anarchy ftw!

The only problem with Anarchy is that everyone has to follow it. I for one wouldn't, and would instead set up a posse, and beat the shit out of all of the Anarchist hippies.