Stray Games

by Falacy
because BYOND.
ID:538605

I wish the corpses deleted faster, if you kill them fast enough they all pile up and cause serious framerate problems on my computer.
How do they cause frame rate problems? I'd imagine the frame rate wouldn't be the corpses, but the cubes they drop if anything. It works fine on my computer... what are you using?
I don't quite think it's the cubes they drop. I always get frame rate problems when I'm near a bunch of corpses (after I gather the cubes).

My specs are: (Taken straight from Piriform's Speccy)

Operating System: Win7 32-bit SP1
CPU: AMD Athlon 7850 Black Edition
RAM: 2.00 GB Single-Channel DDR2 @ 401MHz (5-5-5-15)
Motherboard: BIOSTAR Group N68SA-M2S (Socket AM2 )
GFX: 128MB GeForce 7025 (Biostar Microtech Int'l)
HDD: 156GB Seagate ST316081 5AS SCSI Disk Device (ATA)
Not exactly the greatest specs in the world... I do perfectly fine on the game.
-AMD Phenom Quad Core, 2.3ghz
-ATI Radeon 4250
-4 GB DDR3 Memory
-640GB HDD

Maybe you should look into upgrading to a new computer. Not just for this game, but your stuff isn't even average for the now-a-day thang. I'm even a bit out of style.
This is a simple 2D game, performance should never be a concern, BYOND just fails at life.
In response to Falacy
Falacy wrote:
This is a simple 2D game, performance should never be a concern, BYOND just fails at life.

xD

Edit: I can't fully agree even tho its quite true.
Anyway, BYOND's next version has several performance fixes that may help this issue, if that version ever even gets released. I have also merged corpses into the common map effect system for various reasons, so there should be about half as many.