Murder Mansion

by SuperSaiyanGokuX
Murder Mansion
Not for the faint of heart...
ID:57242

--------------------
----------------------------------------
This murder mystery game has won the hearts of many, and has made a few of them beat a little faster while doing it. Enjoy. But be on your guard; death may lurk around any corner in the

----------------------------------------
--------------------

Murder Mansion is sort of like a real-time game of Clue. In the "Classic" game mode, the players take on the roles of people who are stuck together (in a Mansion on a stormy night, on a cruise ship stranded in the ocean, on an overnight train ride, etc. etc.), but one among them is a Murderer!

It is the Murderer's job to kill everyone else (using a variety of weapons picked up from spawners spread around the map), while it is the job of everyone else to find clues to the killer's identity and avoid being a victim long enough to correctly identify and accuse him/her (or perhaps enact some vigilante style justice on their own!).

The game also has several other modes (including the obligatory DeathMatch and CTF)

--------------------
If you love Murder Mansion, please consider becoming a subscriber to unlock extra content (maps and modes)!
--------------------

9/15/13:
Another update! Fixed some bugs that a previous update introduced (For example, killing the Murderer now properly ends the round!) and added some "glitz" elements.

9/6/13: Murder Mansion now has its own Facebook page! (There's currently nothing on there that you can't see here, but feel free to help spread the word to all of your FB friends!)

8/29/13: Bugfix update 2 released! As usual, please see announcement post on MM Discusson page for details!

8/17/13: Bugfix update released! See upcoming post on MM Discussion page for details.

Murder Mansion is now 10 years old.
Please come celebrate!

This has been a huge update. One of the biggest MM has ever seen. I won't bore you to death with the details here (for that, please see "Update Preview Post" #1-#7 down below/on the Discussion page.

That's how the game looks now, but check out some old screenshots to see how it used to look in its first versions!

put some more stuff in like ciggarettes
you have to smoke out side under a roof
when is murder mansion coming
i got one put some bombs to explode the mansion and put a jail thangy
There's a bug with the rag - when you drop it, then pick it up again, it becomes a candle.
i can host the game not 24/7 but i can host it and sorry idk how to start the round if the owner of the game can say me how start the game all can play
o i discover how all are welcome to play and cool game
why why did u take it offline can u please put it on now
can i be host please
Omie wrote:
can i be host please

Ummm, anyone can be a host... All you have to do is click the Host button at the bottom right, and set the options up from there...

It's available to anyone who opens the game...
why did u take murder mansion offline
Omie wrote:
why did u take murder mansion offline

Kid, listen, the game being up or down has nothing to do with me... Anyone is able to open and host it, so if there's no game online, it's because no one else is hosting it... It's as simple as that... I'm not putting it up or taking it down... It doesn't have a full-time server...

If you want to play it, either play it by yourself (simply click the download link, and run a game with the AI), wait for someone to host a game, or host it on your own...

Stop asking here, because that's doing no good...
how can i be the host?
Omie wrote:
how can i be the host?

When you open the game, the BYOND program has a button at the bottom right corner that says "Host" (next to ones that say "Chat" and "Alt"), you just click that, click OK in the box that pops up (you can change the options in the box, but generally there's no need to), and you're hosting! It's a function that's built right into BYOND itself, virtually all BYOND games have the ability...

[Edit:] Oh, one thing to know, though, is that BYOND game hosting doesn't work if your internet runs through a router, unless you properly configure your router to allow the connection... So if you've tried to host with the Host button, but it doesn't seem to work, that's probably the problem...
The new version is here! Please bear with me, as I'm sure it will be full of bugs that only the beating of the public will bring out... I'll fix them as they're reported, though, until it's as stable as I can make it!
Hey. Toyed around with the new version, that's fun. There again, it was before too XD Keep up the good work!
It's kind of annoying having to cycle through commands.
Run beats push. Both do the same thing if you know how, but run doesn't have a delay...
I havn't had the opportunity to play the new update much unfortunately, but i did manage to squeeze in some time on deathmatch(hospital, with bots) mode before work. Here are my thoughts so far.

regarding the interface;

I think walk/run should be seperate from all other commands, its really annoying having to cycle through.

Other than that I like the simplicity of the interface, although obviously it takes a bit more getting used to than "classic" MM but im glad its nowhere near as confusing as , oh, i dont know, space station 13 for example.

Hospital map first impressions: Wow nice! blew me away! HOWEVER; I found that the map was rather too large and many of the sections were too far and unconnected to each other to give that creepy feeling that the murderer could be around any corner... it's clearly a map meant for a lot of players, which brings me to...

delay;

I don't know if it was my shitty computer but even playing with just 3 bots it was hard for me to move around effectively(classic MM was much smoother for some reason). This was the biggest factor effecting the game for me.

Sorry for negative criticisms, but MM remains my favourite game on BYOND. Hopefullly ill get more time to play this week and put in some valuble feedback. Thanks!

Bahamatt wrote:
I think walk/run should be seperate from all other commands, its really annoying having to cycle through.

I sort of had the thought that the "Run" ability doesn't really fit in with the other actions in the list, since it's the only one that doesn't require you to click on something...

Plus, it made it impossible to be running and use a weapon at the same time (hence the addition of the "bump while running causes damage")

I guess my main concern was not wanting to clutter up the interface any more than it already is, though in light of the issues with sticking Run into the action list, perhaps that's not a good enough excuse...lol

I'll try to come up with something better... Maybe a button to push that switches you into Run mode, and then shuts off automatically after a certain number of steps/certain amount of time?

Other than that I like the simplicity of the interface, although obviously it takes a bit more getting used to than "classic" MM but im glad its nowhere near as confusing as , oh, i dont know, space station 13 for example.

I'm all about simplicity in control... It's one of the reasons I've stopped using the traditional verbs and verb panels in games I create... I honestly hate trying to play all of the BYOND games that have 5 or 6 panels, each filled with two dozen verbs... It just seems like such a hassle, and poor design... So, I strive for making things work with as few controls as possible, and so that they can all be stuck on a HUD (or now, on a BYOND skin as well)

Hospital map first impressions: Wow nice! blew me away! HOWEVER; I found that the map was rather too large and many of the sections were too far and unconnected to each other to give that creepy feeling that the murderer could be around any corner... it's clearly a map meant for a lot of players, which brings me to...

I'm glad you like! I understand the issue you have with it, though... I wanted it to feel like a real hospital; large, sprawling, twisty, maze-like hallways, etc. It still fell a little short of that goal, I feel, but I think it serves decently enough...

But yeah, that resulted in a large place where players can be cut off from each other by huge distances... Heck, it's possible that players could play out a round and never run into each other on the map (whereas on the smaller maps, it's almost guaranteed you'd bump into someone now and then)

And yeah, it is definitely suited to a larger number of players...

delay;

I don't know if it was my shitty computer but even playing with just 3 bots it was hard for me to move around effectively(classic MM was much smoother for some reason). This was the biggest factor effecting the game for me.

Don't worry, it's not your computer's fault... The Hospital map doesn't mix well with bots... The routines they use for finding their way around (which are called everytime they take a step) really bog down on this map because it is so large and complex...

A game with many human players should be no problem, but toss in some AI, and it has a terrible pause at every step...

Currently, it's the only map that has the issue (well, the campground map is pretty big, and it can see some slowdown, but not nearly as bad)

It's an issue I fought with, and decided to give up on fixing...lol

Sorry for negative criticisms, but MM remains my favourite game on BYOND. Hopefullly ill get more time to play this week and put in some valuble feedback. Thanks!

No need to apologize, negative feedback is as useful as positive (heck, it's even more useful than positive) The only time I'd ever get upset by criticism is if it came in the form of "This gaem sux!" with any reason why...lol
Page: 1 2 3 4