Super Nintendo RPG

by Hyarion
Super Nintendo RPG
An RPG based on the expansive world of Nintendo. Come fight in an arena, join special events, explore the worlds, search for rare items, or just have fun!
ID:58583

We are looking for someone to maintain the website!

Latest Updates:

March 2008- SNRPG is back up, though not 24/7. Ele and I are working out a system with savefiles shared between an always-on server hosting the last stable release and a usually-on server with all of the latest updates. Check my blog for more details.

February 2008- The main developer has switched to Element! Hopefully this will get the game back up and back to normal. He's also giving the finicky save system I originally programmed an overhaul.

This game is currently at version 0.5, and is up mostly for beta testing. The arena is what needs testing the most, but check out the other areas, too, then post your findings on the Report Board. Thanks for all the help!

-------------------------------------------------
Feature List/Release Schedule:

Engine: complete!
Additional engine stuff: complete!
Mapping-
Keystone Town: complete!
Keystone Arena (not just the map, but all the engine modifications it requires as well): Complete! (finally)

Version 0.5 released!

Mushroom Kingdom: Started!

Version 1 will be released after the above are complete.

Hyrule: not started

Version 2 will likely be released after the above are complete.

Two other Nintendo worlds are in the works, but are not yet finalized enough to be announced.

-------------------------------------------------

I'd also like to thank the following people-

Xerse, for the use of his great RPG engine.
Element, for being the main GM, all-around good guy, and now, the main dev!
Somu Somasaru (CarmaSelectra) for making recolors for the icons.
Dragon783, for dedicating time in place of Element while he attends to other things!
and, last, but not least..
The fans, for showing enough interest in this game to make me consider it a worthwhile project to revive. Couldn't do it without you guys!
It's using GBA sprites yet it's an SNES RPG.
PerfectGoku wrote:

Is this still alive?
CauTi0N wrote:
Is this still alive?

I have the source to it yet; but no, no one works on it anymore. Hyarion has said to me that he may one day revisit this, given enough time.

The name is rather ambiguous (is the game super?), but my meaning was always "hey, these games were on the SNES, we can work with that."
Wow, I remember this game from '08. The things I'd do to see it once more.