Age of War

by Bakasensei
Age of War
A Real-Time Strategy game loosely based off of Age of Empires
ID:61593

News
Trying to get some of the achievements done, and i'll get some screenshots up soon as well. Also I have to replace the crappy avatar and banner there sometime.

Current:
AoW/0.64: Fixed archers, balanced out statistics with building certain overpowered objects, and nerfed some units and resources. Added more resources and spawn points to the map. Fixed various player and admin problems, and hopefully a small server problem!

AoW/0.62: Re-added in the Scan feature, and fixed some small player and admin problems. Also set-up better hosting features.

AoW/0.61: Arrows now go over walls, added gates and more requirements to buildings and units. Nerfed some units. You can build resources now. Changed auto-game finishing features(for when no mods are on). Fixed a couple of bugs and cleaned up some stuff, and war now sends all troops instead of just selected. - 3/2/09

Older Versions:
AoW/0.6: Fixed all known bugs in the system. Ready to be hosted and is stable. - 2/22/09

AoW/0.5: This was the first test of it with actual people joining, includes; 3 Barracks units, 3 Archery units, 3 Stable units, Watch Towers, dynamic Walls, Town Center, Farm, Builders with all 4 resources. - 12/31/08

For all updates check the forums at: http://www.byond.com/members/Bakasensei/forum?id=1&view=0

General Information
All graphics and code we're made by Bakasensei. The game was originally based off of Age of Empires, but has took an original scheme to it. There is a help file in-game to learn how to play the basics, guides will be made later. This is still in testing and any bugs, complaints or suggestions you have will be welcome on the forums. When it is hosted though, it might be a game worth checking out if you are into RTS's! The files can be downloaded currently, but that may change at any given time. Anyone is able to host, though if you want moderator powers you must apply on forums. We are in need of mods though as well!

Age of War Developers
Bakasensei-Programmer, Artist

Speacial Thanks To:
Tubutas
Iceman72
Neonlare
And the AoW fan-base
Very impressed with this project. Reminds me of Age of Empires so much. Can't wait to see this further advance!
Thank you very much, i've actually been working on it and havn't updated it in months, so the beta version 1.0 will come soonish. With hundreds of units, buildings, randomized&customizeable map etc. I based the game off of Age of Empires, but i've never actually played it so i'm going off on what I wanna add for this. So keep in touch for the update!
Wow.. this game is so nice.. i hope you can finish it. And make more ages and units, Like the real Age Of Empires. Good Luck! =)
Thank you a lot, and i'm glad you liked my work. It is, as it says, only testing for now. I've been trying to pump out version 1.0 with new races, boats, fighting mechanics, customization etc. Which means 10x the buildings and units! And races use different technology so the artwork should look very nice and epic when it's released.
This game is really cool I think I'm gonna host it tomorrow
Thanks, and that'd be awesome. If i'm on i'll deffinatly play. The more activity this game gets the more updates I make. I've actually been working on finally getting the game to it's Beta version 1.0 state. Which includes sea warefare, new buildings that upgrade your technology level. Different races to pick, which changes what type of units etc you can have. And upgrades to the battle gameplay, allowing you to make squads and have them preform commands; attack(The normal attacking they do now), defensive(they will make a perimiter around whatever you pick it and defend it effectively) and special(Each unit in the squad will use it's special unique action, which either is an attack, a support for themselves/units, healing, defensive like special armor or making a shield ramming formation for example). Also optimizing cpu usage to make the game run as smoothly as possible, which will allow a higher player count. I'm also going to make a bigger main map, and might have a random map generator. Though after version 1.0 is done i'm going to make a downloadable engine for hosts to build there own maps for the server. Then I will begin to work on adding AI and making a single player single player mode(With cooperative play).
Hosting server in about 10 mins

EDIT: Server up
I might as well host a server for a while. I want to see how many still want to play this!
Usually alot do! I just need to get my membership back to update the game, and won't get paid till next month sadly :/