ID:70215

Keywords: fol, medals

Poll: What do you think of the medals so far?

Yay! 94% (16)
Nay! 5% (1)

Only BYOND Members can vote.

After adding a few medals to Fighters of Legend I was bombarded with a few pranks, people giving themselves medals left and right.

Actually I do appreciate such a thing now, it taught me the use of hub_password and ClearMedal()!

I'm still experimenting with certain aspects of BYOND but I'm very happy to have someone behind me making sure I don't leave any loopholes.

Anyway, thanks and have a look at those medals! I'm hoping for some sort of open test within a month, if all goes well. Only one of those medals will be available at that time however, until it goes public. Once public that list will probably increase quite a bit.

<3 ken
Yay! The medal I earned is so elite.
Earned is definitely the word, I've probably made you test everything 1 on 1 so far. Display it proud sir!
I don't think I've been much help, however... when you get melee working to it's fullest extent... I'll give you a crap load of feedback.
Looking forward to the testing session. :)
Ken do u think i can be a Tester too? D:
Cyberlord34 wrote:
Ken do u think i can be a Tester too? D:

You'd probably steal everything and leave a "=]" comment on the hub.

Open alpha testing would be pleasent; I wish more games did it. I'd understand private testing if the game was close to being released with exploits and holes; but since that One piece game with the 24/7 closed testing I don't know what to think anymore.
Even if you did test, it would be pointless. When Ken gets in the larger scaled systems, it'd be necessary. Right now it isn't.
Im just going by how he's describing the progress. I still have no idea how the orb thing works.
I explained everything regarding the combat system, in full detail, in this post Rugg. As for Cyberlord34, you will get your chance to test in the near future... I promise.

As far as my testing schedule goes, I will have a few closed-testing sessions with only a handful of people (EDIT: Already chosen). These will solely test mechanisms in the game.
Secondly I will play through the game myself to make sure everything lines up, then afterward I will begin hosting 24 hour public sessions and letting the rest of you rip and tear at my game. At my rate of progress I'd like that kind of thing to begin in a month's time.

Branks is one of the more reliable people I chat with on an about-daily basis, and as a fellow designer I trust his input. There are a few others that would currently fall under this category, some however lack memberships so I can't test certain features with them. Nadrew is definitely a big help if I need advice or programming wisdom, but our schedules clash too often to ask him for more than that.
Lol, your welcome; I made the medal giver/taker/score editor.
Great work, especially on the graphical basis of the medals, they look excellent and that unique look is playing in well with your game graphics.

I hope to see more from you =]
Hmm just curious, who's the random nayer?
The Naked Ninja wrote:
Hmm just curious, who's the random nayer?

You know your important when every post you make gets a random nay 1-5 minutes after you post. Don't feel bad :)
Woot I got 4 more nays, I love it!
It's looking good Ken, keep it up <3
titties?