ID:71850

Poll: I can't decide wich platform is the best, because i'm bout to buy one!?

Playstation 3 29% (17)
Xbox 360 45% (26)
Wii 14% (8)
Psp 5% (3)
Nintendo DS i 5% (3)

Only BYOND Members can vote.

360 :D
I own all 3.

If your a girl or under the age of 13 or simply a casual gamer, play the Wii. It has Smash bros, Mario Kart, Legend of Zelda etc. Good times but not hardcore at all, hell dont even consider using the internet on it, it doesnt really exist. Its meant for those who only play video games with others (gasp).

If you are about value and want a console to play hardcore games like Gears of War or Mass Effect then go for the XBOX360, this is for people who have like a regular gaming environment, decent sized TV but this is no extragent zone, the aestetic of the console doesnt matter at all because IMHO the xbox is ugly as sin, and more importantly the TV isnt big enough or quality enough to make use of a blueray component. The XBox gets all the best games, has the best online support (but it costs money), and really has got by far the most mileage out of my household. Turns out the only Blueray movie we have ever watched is Ironman (DOH)

PS3: You better have a sweet TV, and have enough valuable things in the room that you can justify spending this much on a console just because honestly it is a very good looking console and wouldnt make a nice living room look tacky like the other consoles would, the other thing I guess is that it does have little big planet and maybe like a few other exclusives that I personally dont give a rats arse about (Ive never liked MetalGearSolid, so shoot me.). However we have a PS3, got it because we got a new big screen tv and an HD cable box and something about having higher quality TV-Movies than movies we got from the video store bothered me, the PS3 has been used mostly for a media center, we only own little big planet for it (which is a great game). It is currently part of our home network so it can play any movies we torrent but I believe an XBox has this function too.

Youll prob be happiest with the XBox, as a videogaming console it certainly has been the most valuable, eventually a blueray addition will come out I am pretty confident of that (once blueray stops being such a big deal though.) and that new attachment that tracks body movement will completely destroy the motion aspect of the Wii (the Wii never did make good on its promise to revolutionize video games with the new controller, the XBox might actually do it since they arent so focused on targeting women.)

Also I didnt buy all 3, nor do I recommend doing that, my brother owns the Wii and the XBox and I own the PS3.
You darn kids and your technology D:
PS3 xD
I'd have to say PS3, as i don't own any of the listed systems I've played them all. I played the 360 while at my uncles and absolutely hated it. The online was useless, there wasn't shit you could do on it. I haven't been able to find any 360 Titles that interest me. I keep hearing about all these great 360 exclusives but i never see or hear anything about them. The reason i like the ps3 is because its graphics and game play are better (that may just be me thinking), The online is loads better (I mean come on, 360 don't even have a web-browser and the little ol' wii has that). Just personal opinions, Maybe 360 will release games that catch my eyes and upgrade XBL so its worth purchasing.
360, while the PS3 probably beats out the system on graphics, it just can't back it up with exclusive titles. Xbox isn't made to have a web browser, why would a video game console even need one (Like a camera with a MP3 players, I mean come on.) The only thing lacking with the 360 is no Blu Ray support, if your a movie fan and want the Blu Ray, go with a PS3.
We'll I'd have to say i like the PS3 having the web browser I mean i don't want to have to constantly be on my PC just to browse the web. And i think I've only seen one 360 Exclusive worth playing since I've been looking.
I say PSP
Wow, hmm PS3 Vs Xbox 360 i guess heh ;/.. can't decide which one to get.

It has a bigger audience of online players if you dig that kind of thing, and comes with a subscription for about one month (nine if you get pro all together) If you get 360, add me.

Checkmate Bisho
Gochels wrote:
The reason i like the ps3 is because its graphics and game play are better

Xbox 360 graphics are way better. You yourself said you don't own it, so chances you haven't play'd a majority of the games.

GT: HAV0C62 (It's a zero)

My uncle has a PS3 and a 360 (he hardly uses the 360) But ive played Halo 3, GoW2, Fallout3 and Fable2 and Fable2 was the only one that stuck out and i found worth playing, Also ive seen previews for a game called Prototype and it looks epic.
360 dream cast .
Gochels wrote:
My uncle has a PS3 and a 360 (he hardly uses the 360) But ive played Halo 3, GoW2, Fallout3 and Fable2 and Fable2 was the only one that stuck out and i found worth playing, Also ive seen previews for a game called Prototype and it looks epic.

Zomg u didn't think fallout 3 stands out.-pulls out a torch-
Fable 2 was really thin and dull. It felt like it was made by Disney, since its target audience appeared to be 6 year olds.

I just got Prototype, and it's pretty fun.
Magicbeast20 wrote:
Gochels wrote:

Zomg u didn't think fallout 3 stands out.-pulls out a torch-

I'm into the more realistic and modern war games like COD4. The only fantasy type war games ive liked are Halo and Unreal.
While not an exclusive 360 game, Left 4 Dead is a good grab for it.

inFamous was bust, got it through gamefly and wow did it blow. *rents Prototype next...*
Played L4D, wasnt all that into it, seemed like an RE copoff and i wasnt into RE. I just dont dig the whole zombie deal.
Gochels wrote:
Played L4D, wasnt all that into it, seemed like an RE copoff and i wasnt into RE. I just dont dig the whole zombie deal.

Wasn't a RE knock any thing, save maybe knocing REs balls. I guess you have to like a team based shooter, but the zombies are just an added bonus.

Page: 1 2