ID:751715

Hi, Im gonna use SliceHost to host a byond game and I dont know much (Actually nothing at all) about how to set it... Nor the server nor byond... If someone could help me with this I would be so happy! =D
As I posted on the BYOND forums I'd be happy to help you setup everything you need to make a functional BYOND server on slicehost for a small fee of maybe $5. (I'd do it for free happily, but circumstances have made that impractical at the moment.)
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
As I posted on the BYOND forums I'd be happy to help you setup everything you need to make a functional BYOND server on slicehost for a small fee of maybe $5. (I'd do it for free happily, but circumstances have made that impractical at the moment.)

How would I need to pay you?
In response to Goukaryuu
PayPal.
In response to Nadrew
Paypal has never worked for my dad... Sorry... Please couldnt you do it for free... I beg you... My dad is gonna get pissed if I dont use the slice soon... Or do you know anyone that could help me for free?
In response to Nadrew
Ok I will pay you... Or at least try to... How do I send you the money?
In response to Goukaryuu
Add my MSN, [edited out email] -- we'll talk more in private.
In response to Nadrew
Please remember to make any discussions about transactions private, over the page would be preferred method.
In response to Nadrew
Hey I sent you a message in the pager
In response to Goukaryuu
I didn't get any messages. The pager's offline message system isn't exactly reliable.
In response to Nadrew
Then look for a game called Naruto Revolution Showdown... And post how to contact you in that game's discussion or forum... It's mine =)
In response to Goukaryuu
Please anyone... I really need help with this =(...
In response to Goukaryuu
It's not that hard, just simply use wget to obtain the byond files, extract them, and then read the included readme file.
In response to Flame Sage
Yeah but I was said that the slicehost thing comes without being configured or something like that
In response to Flame Sage
I did the wget thing and I managed to download them in the server but I dont know how to unzip them and I tried reading the readme file and I couldnt understand half the things that were in there
In response to Goukaryuu
Come on... Please I need help... I dont know anything about linux or whatever it is =( T.T
In response to Goukaryuu
Then I suggest you read a guide.
What distribution of Linux does slicehost use?
I'd suggest reading a beginners guide.
Look up: bash scripting.