ID:75739

this site will always only have poor pixel art;

Of course alot of you probably know Elk and some may not be familiar with Neoriceisgood so here they are:

http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/4683.htm

http://neoriceisgood.deviantart.com/

Change is possible, its about attracting the right crowd, which BYOND currently doesn't have :/
Of course it's possible, but when will it start
Because, y'know, nobody steals art in other places. And BYOND is nothing to do with programming. And this 'Elk' person sure knows BYOND. And we really care about this 'neorice' person.
I guess it's down to us artist's currently on BYOND to show the rest of the art community pixel art is bigger then a 32x32 player base.
Shit, im still hoping that one day we can bump that 32x32 a little higher.
Earths Special Forces wrote:

If your being serious, your an idiot. If that was a joke, your an idiot.
that neorice guy has a picture of his desktop... he uses IE

we don't want him here

also, i'd like to think that BYOND gets a bit more use out of its pixel artists regardless of overall quality, considering our art is used for GAMES, not making an 80th avatar for oneself to use (ie that elk guy)
Chris-g1 wrote:

3rd Options: Your an idiot for trying to start flames like this.
Chris-g1 wrote:

3rd Options: Your an idiot for trying to start flames like this.

I simply replied to your post, suggesting your an idiot based on your reply after i posted in this topic for the second time, if you cant hack it and want to start an argument then just carry on with yourself.

i'm pretty sure the point of byond is not to make a professional game. its a place for hobbyists, there are plenty of great artists on byond but theres no need for any of these games to have high quality graphics, its not like many byond games go anywhere outside of byond anyway.
Jp you don't seem to understand the reason for the post, it's not to show how much they know about us but as them being well respect artists who are driven away by our community it just goes to show that the level of art here will almost never be on par with the high quality of the programming that goes on here.

It is retarded to think that there aren't other communities that rip because of course they are there but why is ours the only one being warned about?

http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixelart/43994.htm

On such a well known site with nice with pixel art, word would spread quick.
No one wants Elk, anyway. He's one of those gay people that openly hits on guys that he knows are straight. For example, he sent a webcam request to someone (Pmitch? He worked with them, I know that) and when they hit yes, they were subjected to him masturbating.
I didnt know byond games were supposed to have sub par art. i mean who would want better artists to work for their games, obviously not byonders, we're too cool for that. "iconners and rippers" will do.

I also didnt know having internet explorer on your desktop makes you some kind of unwanted thing. Its totally relevant yo.
Zxcvdnm wrote:
i'm pretty sure the point of byond is not to make a professional game. its a place for hobbyists, there are plenty of great artists on byond but theres no need for any of these games to have high quality graphics, its not like many byond games go anywhere outside of byond anyway.

I agree with this. One thing I would like to see, though, is more pixel work that isn't so blocky. It really isn't that hard, but it does take more effort. It would also be nice to see more than characters and NPCs made from the generic chara base.

Jeff8500 wrote:
No one wants Elk, anyway. He's one of those gay people that openly hits on guys that he knows are straight. For example, he sent a webcam request to someone (Pmitch? He worked with them, I know that) and when they hit yes, they were subjected to him masturbating.

The ignorance is at an all time high
I'm disappointed in how immature portions of the community are focused on by those outside it. However, low expectations within the community don't thrill me either.

That said, I'd like to see less focus on pixel art within the BYOND community anyway. I find it so much easier to turn and resize vector art into something decent that I question why it's not the first medium amateur artists use. Leave the pixels to those with knowledge/style and stop making BYOND look so retro.
ACWraith wrote:
I'm disappointed in how immature portions of the community are focused on by those outside it. However, low expectations within the community don't thrill me either.

That said, I'd like to see less focus on pixel art within the BYOND community anyway. I find it so much easier to turn and resize vector art into something decent that I question why it's not the first medium amateur artists use. Leave the pixels to those with knowledge/style and stop making BYOND look so retro.

I'd just like to say. It is not only the artists outside of BYOND that have a bad image of BYOND... It is pretty much everyone.

I was makin a game with BYOND once, and did a poll because BYOND it's self wasn't ideal for what I wanted to do.
I gave a fair comparison with all the alternatives, to the point where I literally said "If I use something other than BYOND, this game may never get finished, ever".
BYOND got exactly 0% of the votes (out of some 600+).

It went to the extreme that as soon as I decided to use something else and not BYOND, interest in the game sky rocketed, and I was getting offers from a wide variety of people all offering to help with the project however they could.

BYONDs image is pretty much entirely a negative one no matter where you go or where you look.
I have never focused on the art of any byond game, regardless if it was ripped or not. I tend to focus more on the actual gameplay more than anything else. Byond is more about the programming than the art in my opinion.
The Magic Man wrote:
ACWraith wrote:

I'd just like to say. It is not only the artists outside of BYOND that have a bad image of BYOND... It is pretty much everyone.

I was makin a game with BYOND once, and did a poll because BYOND it's self wasn't ideal for what I wanted to do.
I gave a fair comparison with all the alternatives, to the point where I literally said "If I use something other than BYOND, this game may never get finished, ever".
BYOND got exactly 0% of the votes (out of some 600+).

It went to the extreme that as soon as I decided to use something else and not BYOND, interest in the game sky rocketed, and I was getting offers from a wide variety of people all offering to help with the project however they could.

Why does this not sound like a believable story.
Page: 1 2 3