Stranded

by Jittai
Stranded
A survival game that takes place in an archipelago with other people in the struggle to live.
ID:788908

Keywords: challenge, death
Resolved
Maybe... just less extreme.
Applies to:

This issue has been resolved.
not something that needs immediate attention but an idea for later. The current death system is not even something to be feared, I think it needs a harsher penalty to make the job of surviving a true challenge instead of a minor hindrance. A lot of byond games have permanent death till the round restarts but this might be too extreme. Perhaps a loss and deletion of inventory items to anywhere up to character deletion and having to remake the char with the opportunity of "carrying the family name" and retaining a portion of skills,items lost. Either way until factors such as fatigue and hunger/thirst are lowered/balanced more it's not an immediate issue.
man this sucks. the only thing that would be good is items lying where your died
Items have a 33.3% of falling from you when you die. Unless you guys feel like this should be 100%?
im just telling his idea isnt good.
As of now when i play, whether items drop or not, no one fears death. It's easier to get yourself killed when the status bars are an inconvenience. Yea it's not popular but it takes the challenge out of the game to where it's not about surviving but rather building/roleplaying for like 30minutes then growing bored of the game all together.
There's challenge then there is ruining someone's day. I'll think of something.
Jittai resolved issue with message:
Maybe... just less extreme.