Resolved
Sorry about that previous "fix", small typo, it's working for the next version
BYOND Version:494
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 19.0.1084.52
Applies to:Everland

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Bronze crest shield does not count as a shield. I've tried using my shield bash skill with it and i get the message that i need a shield.

*It seems to have bugged me now as no shield will work, even the first shield gives the message that i need to equip a shield when i try to use shield bash.*
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:

Actual Results:

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
In other games?
In other user accounts?
On other computers?

When does the problem NOT occur?

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds:

Megablaze changed status to 'Verified'
This was an issue with how it finds shields, if you unequipped the rest of your armor (except for shield) you'd be able to use shield bash, this is fixed for a later version, but won't be released immediately.
I'm not sure if you know this but i tried what you said and you were right, however only one piece of my armor actually prevented it from working, my copper shoulders. It seems that bronze shield can only be used with bronze armor. As soon as i put a single copper piece into the mix it all goes to hell lol.

*Yep i just made the bronze shoulders, and now with all my armor on I can use shield bash once again.*
The issue is actually with the order of your equipped items, if your shield is the first in the list (excluding weapon) then you can use shield bash. Anyways, it's already fixed for a later version.
Asha_LaPoe resolved issue with message:
Solved in version = 0.335
The issue has returned and now seems to be regardless if i am wearing all of one type of armor or not. I'm currently wearing all bronze and it gives the message that i need to equip a shield again.
Asha_LaPoe changed status to 'Verified'
Megablaze resolved issue with message:
Sorry about that previous "fix", small typo, it's working for the next version