Action RPG Framework

by Forum_account
Action RPG Framework
A framework for developing action RPGs.
ID:821881

Resolved
The first error has been fixed, but the "Cannot modify null.tile_width" error won't be fixed until the next time I update the Pixel Movement library.

If the errors bug you, you can open the library and remove the "PixelMovement." parts of the lines in that proc.
BYOND Version:495
Operating System:Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 19.0.1084.56
Applies to:Pixel Movement and RPG Framework

This issue has been resolved.
<--------Action RPG Frameworl-------->
runtime error: Cannot read null.quests
proc name: set index (/QuestTracker/proc/set_index)
source file: hud-quests.dm,70
usr: null
src: /QuestTracker (/QuestTracker)
call stack:
/QuestTracker (/QuestTracker): set index(0)
/QuestTracker (/QuestTracker): refresh()
/QuestTracker (/QuestTracker): New(null)
the mob (/mob): Read(saves\\hassanjalil (/savefile))
Hassanjalil (/client): load()
Hassanjalil (/client): New()

---------Pixel Movement --------->
runtime error: Cannot modify null.tile_width.
proc name: set icon size (/PixelMovement/proc/set_icon_size)
source file: world.dm,75
usr: null
src: /PixelMovement (/PixelMovement)
call stack:
/PixelMovement (/PixelMovement): set icon size()
/PixelMovement (/PixelMovement): New()
: ()

these are the runtime errors that have been accurs first one is when you save and load the game. and second one always appear
Are they causing other things to stop working? Or does everything still work ok?

The first error is in the framework and I update that frequently so it'll get fixed soon. The other one is in the Pixel Movement library and I don't update that as often. I'm not sure how soon it'll be fixed.

Thanks for reporting these! =)
In response to Forum_account
Forum_account wrote:
Are they causing other things to stop working? Or does everything still work ok?
No its not effecting any thing but just wanted you to know.
The first error is in the framework and I update that frequently so it'll get fixed soon. The other one is in the Pixel Movement library and I don't update that as often. I'm not sure how soon it'll be fixed.

Thanks for reporting these! =)

In response to Forum_account
I've had some startup runtimes from PixelMovement. I think the problem is because you're using the global PixelMovement variable inside /PixelMovement's initializer procs. You should just use src instead, of course.
I think I changed the vars to belong to the PixelMovement object before I changed the proc that sets them. I don't know why I'd ever reference vars like that, I don't even put src.var_name unless I have to.

For some reason I haven't been seeing these errors.
Forum_account resolved issue with message:
The first error has been fixed, but the "Cannot modify null.tile_width" error won't be fixed until the next time I update the Pixel Movement library.

If the errors bug you, you can open the library and remove the "PixelMovement." parts of the lines in that proc.