ID:83405

Post your comments here!
Please feel free to leave questions or feedback to everything (PG-13), but stay polite and civil.

Thank you in advance.
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
Please feel free to leave questions or feedback to everything (PG-13), but stay polite and civil.

Thank you in advance.

Aw! I was refreshing the page like mad to get the first post.
Oh, I see what you mean Schnitzelnagler. Seems I misunderstood YOU. Well, I do get what you mean. And happen to agree. Thanks, I do think that's correct. I should wait till I know better.
RosiannaTashal wrote:
I should wait till I know better.

I have to thank you and can't wait to try out your game ;)
I hope you're going to become one of the more advanced members one day.

Hey there. Remember that article you wanted me to do? Well I finished cleaning up the demo and commenting it thoroughly, however I have no idea how to post or submit an article to Dream Makers, or what should be included in it. Also, would you mind looking over the demo for me before I announce it?
Jotdaniel wrote:
I have no idea how to post or submit an article to Dream Makers,

If you visit the Dream Maker's (Developers -> Article), you should be presented with an [Submit an article] link, right on the top centre of the page (unless I have special privileges there).

Jotdaniel wrote:
or what should be included in it.

I think it would be nice to start with explaining how to reach the illusion of height (pixel_z), the limitations of that system (no real change in z levels, thus no difference in Bump/Move/view) and how to work around these.
Then you might want to discuss how to achieve the best effects (debate on overriding Bump/Move/Enter/Entered to gain the desired effects), by explaining dis-/advantages on each of them. Last, but not least, you'd provide a commented code of your demonstration and elaborate how you in-cooperated the earlier decisions.

Jotdaniel wrote:
Also, would you mind looking over the demo for me before I announce it?

I'd love to, but I didn't have internet for 4 days now (*sighs and eyes ISP). Your upgrade leaves me with an error message:
Downloading testiso (35887 bytes).
Failed to download data (HTTP server returned unexpected status: 404 Not Found).

I'm not sure if it's on my end or yours, but I'd assume that it might be some broken link in your demo-location-url.
Could you fix that?
Why are you so worried about how much lines of code a person has? Programmers can easily fit everything in one line by use of brackets and ;.
Uxor wrote:
Why are you so worried about how much lines of code a person has?

Hmm. I'm sorry, did I miss something? I'm not sure what you're referring to.
I've been quoted!
Ulterior Motives wrote:
I've been quoted!

Indeed. I came. I saw. I liked and quoted!
*grins*

Schnitzelnagler wrote:
Indeed. I came. I saw. I liked and quoted!
*grins*

I haven't been quoted. =(
Tiberath wrote:
I haven't been quoted. =(

I guess you're just too nice to be commented ;)
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
I guess you're just too nice to be commented ;)

How long have you known me? My name is associated with arrogance and sarcasm, maybe even some fear. But me a nice guy? Never. Saying I'm nice is like saying anyone who uses stolen code is worth more than comical relief to this community. =O
Tiberath wrote:
How long have you known me?

Too short, most unfortunately.
You never played any BYOND games I used to play and Mikau didn't drag you into Grind Festia :p

Tiberath wrote:
My name is associated with arrogance and sarcasm

I thought that was Gathor (though actually I don't think he's arrogant, he just knows that his reply is better than that of the average young, beginning BYOND programmer).
NAGLER! I need to speak with you!!
Stephie wrote:
NAGLER! I need to speak with you!!

RAWR! Sure *laughs and winks*
Just tell me when and where.
Hey, this is Lady Terra from Yut Put's new Pokemon Game. I saw your comments on the discuss hub, and just wanted to let you know Yut has revised and added alot more, and will host shortly.
Thank you, Pyro Pixie.
Kris_Sempai wrote:
I'd really like to become a fan

You should have one or two options (I'm not totally sure how I set it up right now and got no chance to check). You should always have the option to chose 'This Site'->'Add to favourites' ( http://www.byond.com/members/Schnitzelnagler/files/Join.png ). And optionally (this is where I'm not sure how I set it up), you might have a 'Join' link in the 'Guild' box (I marked it red on the screenshoot, but I took it on a non BYOND member account, which by default can't join guilds).
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
Kris_Sempai wrote:
I'd really like to become a fan

You should have one or two options (I'm not totally sure how I set it up right now and got no chance to check). You should always have the option to chose 'This Site'->'Add to favourites' ( http://www.byond.com/members/Schnitzelnagler/files/Join.png ). And optionally (this is where I'm not sure how I set it up), you might have a 'Join' link in the 'Guild' box (I marked it red on the screenshoot, but I took it on a non BYOND member account, which by default can't join guilds).

I see, thanks :)
Page: 1 2 3