ID:85240

BYOND Version:455
Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Firefox 3.5.5

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
When I update the map, and show it on the screen, about half of each Z layer goes magically missing. I do not know why, or how it happens, but it only occurs on Version 455, which is currently the Beta-Testing version.
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Update Map
Double Click Map
Look at map.

Does the problem occur:
Every time.
All maps.
Every user account.
All computers.

When does the problem NOT occur?
Never does it NOT occur.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
Version 454 and below works perfectly fine, but 455 does not for maps.

Unless you can create a simple demonstration we can test, we'll need to take a look at your files.

If you are using "big" icons, it is possible that the new default format will not display them correctly. To get v.454 compatibility, set:
world/map_format = TILED_ICON_MAP

Let us know if that works.

Also, you should upgrade to v.456 since a few bugs were fixed there.
Tom wrote:
Unless you can create a simple demonstration we can test, we'll need to take a look at your files.

If you are using "big" icons, it is possible that the new default format will not display them correctly. To get v.454 compatibility, set:
world/map_format = TILED_ICON_MAP

That was a solution I found to work for logins a 550x550 png file that when I clicked to map it on the map only left a 32x32 image when the first time I clicked I clicked again and it worked(on default settings) then I switched to TILED_ICON_MAP and it worked perfectly.