ID:87158

We all know the common situation where some kid's rip magically ends up in the top 10 or such.
We all know that it happens because they bribe poeple- espessially BYOND members, with GM or improved stats to rank/play/favorite there game.

Well, Apparently Apple has the same problem!

http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/12/09/wired.apple.apps/ index.html

Sounds familiar to BYOND's issues, doesn't it?
I don't get it.
Well, he's comparing this incident, to that of people like Bobbyawesome, the rippers. People who take someone's exact idea or project, rename it, and try to pass it off on their own. Either on BYOND as a game, or like that one person, selling them (by them I mean Apps not games).
Im just going to put it like this.
Little asshole brats are taking over the world by rip offs and other bull things.

They got Apple, Byond, Youtube, DeviantART, and other places.

What the hell will they do next.
Kpsyig wrote:
Im just going to put it like this.
Little asshole brats are taking over the world by rip offs and other bull things.

They got Apple, Byond, Youtube, DeviantART, and other places.

What the hell will they do next.

Exactly what I meant, Enigmatic.
Who cares about bobbyawesome? Stop flaring his name up like he's important or even matters.
You guys have kinda missed the issue with the iStore thing. The situations are different. Here on BYOND, people are taking others source code, giving it a top hat and slightly different name.

Where as Molinker would have been forced to write their own apps, only with inferior quality to the original.

The real problem with Molinker's actions wasn't that it was knocking off other peoples ideas, it was giving away free copies of their applications for 5 star reviews, tricking the market into thinking their product is superior and making lots of money because of it.
right