Decadence

by SuperAntx
Decadence
Take part in an epic battle over a colored piece of cloth.
Hey look, it's now a BYOND Favorite. :)
Could you re-create the spawn system? It's kind of annoying spawning into Rich2008's grenades over 10 times.
Kaimana wrote:
Could you re-create the spawn system? It's kind of annoying spawning into Rich2008's grenades over 10 times.

At the start of a game everyone will spawn inside an armory. During the match it will spawn you near any teammate who isn't in combat. I'll see about adding a check to see if an enemy is near.

Though, if there are no clear spawn points available you're just going to have to react fast enough to dodge that grenade. People who spawn remain invulnerable while they're flashing, so you're not totally screwed if you get a bad spawn.
SuperAntx wrote:
Kaimana wrote:

At the start of a game everyone will spawn inside an armory. During the match it will spawn you near any teammate who isn't in combat. I'll see about adding a check to see if an enemy is near.

Though, if there are no clear spawn points available you're just going to have to react fast enough to dodge that grenade. People who spawn remain invulnerable while they're flashing, so you're not totally screwed if you get a bad spawn.

Ah alright, thanks I guess.
BEST GAME EVEERRRR
Kaimana wrote:

CoD was fail because of that. Just saying.
Branks wrote:
Kaimana wrote:

CoD was fail because of that. Just saying.

Haha, Call of Duty really does have awful spawn systems, but I've played one of the latest version and I don't spawn into grenades as much.
Kaimana wrote:

So I've just tested out a system where it checks if an enemy is near when spawning you near a teammate. It actually had a negative impact on the game because with enough map coverage there could end up being so few spawn points available you'll either pick one randomly or spawn on one side of the map with the enemy in the middle and your team on the other.
SuperAntx wrote:
Kaimana wrote:

So I've just tested out a system where it checks if an enemy is near when spawning you near a teammate. It actually had a negative impact on the game because with enough map coverage there could end up being so few spawn points available you'll either pick one randomly or spawn on one side of the map with the enemy in the middle and your team on the other.

If I'm comprehending this correctly, either spawn by your team mate, or spawn alone at the end of the map. I can handle that.
Kaimana wrote:
If I'm comprehending this correctly, either spawn by your team mate, or spawn alone at the end of the map. I can handle that.

Not really spawn alone, more like spawn with enemies just out of sight. If there are no spawn points available you could still end up spawning on top of a grenade when it picks a spawn point randomly as a last resort.
SuperAntx wrote:
Kaimana wrote:

Not really spawn alone, more like spawn with enemies just out of sight. If there are no spawn points available you could still end up spawning on top of a grenade when it picks a spawn point randomly as a last resort.

I see. Thanks.
I've added a random screenshot to the Featured Games gallery on Facebook. The staff list from the Overview tab is in the description. If anyone is uncomfortable with their real names being posted on the Facebook page, let me know.
My place in second spot isn't going to last very long with all these kids playing. They have way too much free time to play all day. =(
Can't download no more? =(
The server should be back up now.
Think one day there will ever be Decadence tournaments?
Ganing wrote:
Think one day there will ever be Decadence tournaments?

I hope to God there will.
Bimonthly Decadence Tournaments for prizes would be pretty badass.
I'd like to have a tournament, but right now I don't think there are enough skillful players to provide some good competition.
Seriously? People are already using aim-bots SuperAntx. I think you need some slight mask overlays that change in random, short periods of time that go on people.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20 21 22