ID:90460

One of the final things Tiberath told me to do was to ensure that there was a review of Regressia.

So I went ahead and wrote one up, with screenshots and everything. Then a couple of hours before I was about to show the post some other guy walks in and submits a review as well!

This time, you get to pick your reviews. Which opinion would you rather like to hear? Mine or his?

I will also be making more reviews in the future, so stay tuned for more posts. On the other hand, if you have something to contribute, be it a review or some other RPG thing I don't know about, feel free to submit it as a blog post and I'll have a look at it.

By the way... does anybody have any idea which games I should review?
I'd use them both, but delete this post, and temporarily delete your own review. In a few days, post your review again. This way, they both receive some front page coverage.
I'd use them both, but delete this post, and temporarily delete your own review. In a few days, post your review again. This way, they both receive some front page coverage.

I was just thinking the same thing, only for a slightly different reason. Posting another blog post directly after Gaku's results in his being buried. It seems like good manners to let a submitted review have the top spot for a day or so.

That being said, thank you for the review :)
One of my goals for this project was to get a serious review, one where people could look at it and say "Compared to commercial game X, Regressia did not do this very well" instead of "Compared to BYOND games, Regressia is Uber!"
You still need a serious review of something beyond the demo. If you want people to subscribe, having a qualified reviewer affirming that the rest of the game is worth playing could be valuable.

By the way, the poll at Single Player Games gives Regressia a rating of 8.3/10, with 44 voters.
There can be a hundred reviews of the same game as far as I care. Every opinion is valid.
Also, the sudden shift in leadership and activity here has reawakened my interest in the RPG guild. I might just make some reviews of my own pretty soon.
Foomer wrote:
You still need a serious review of something beyond the demo. If you want people to subscribe, having a qualified reviewer affirming that the rest of the game is worth playing could be valuable.

Gakumerasara is actually pretty far into the after-demo content. I don't know why he didn't post screenshots of further into the game. Maybe he didn't want to spoil anything?
I figured I'd just accept them both, then make this post to inform the people that both reviews are open. That way, neither my review or Gaku's review is on the front page, but a notice of the reviews is.
IainPeregrine wrote:
Gakumerasara is actually pretty far into the after-demo content. I don't know why he didn't post screenshots of further into the game. Maybe he didn't want to spoil anything?

That was part of it. I also didn't want it to come off as an advertisement. But most importantly, I feel that the game as a whole is very solid, so I didn't see a need to distinguish the demo content from the subscriber content. If there were a difference, I certainly would have mentioned it.

As far as my review not being on the front page, I don't mind.
I just wanted to share my thoughts on the game.