ID:906982

Started on this earlier. I want to set a challenge for myself and try to use this nice palette (Not mad e by me). Any suggestions before moving on? And I know it's not supposed to resemble a realistic human skull.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Looks nice. I'm not a pixel artist at all and don't claim to be an authority, but I like it.

I like the color palette as well as the texture.
Those branch like lines one the cheeck bones suppose to be cracks if not you should remove them and what's the blue under the nose?if its shading then your shading is wrong.since the area above the top teeth comes out that shouldn't be shaded it will be hit by light so it should show it.

Id show you what I mean but my computer started crashing again so can't(using my phone atm).hope this is what you are looking for as for advice/critique.
Thanks for both your comments. And as for the blue and the "cracks", please just ignore it for now. It's my way in keeping in mind where to shade, haha. It's just a wip right now. Basically wanted some crits on the outline before coloring.
Heres an update. Playing around with shading and colors. Still a rough wip. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
In response to Jordan11
Jordan11 wrote:
Heres an update. Playing around with shading and colors. Still a rough wip. [IMAGE]

I like the dark and Grim look it has so far (:
He has been shaded to look like he has no cheecks,other than that and some areas missing lighting its starting to look pretty good(I've taken to account its a WIP).
I am at much lower level in pixel art than you so it wouldn't make much sense if I give you critiques that will actually help you. Yet, I have something to say, the sky blue color which is the base color can be a little light to give the skull a warmer look.

I changed the palette though, still it doesn't have the charisma that's needed.

I think the white would look cooler.
http://i.imgur.com/U8ZBL.png

made an edit fixing your inconsistent light source. not sure my anatomy is 100% accurate also. you should optimize your pallet a bit more also.

I also smooth out your lines.
In response to Zane444
Zane444 wrote:

made an edit fixing your inconsistent light source. not sure my anatomy is 100% accurate also. you should optimize your pallet a bit more also.

I also smooth out your lines.

You're welcome.
Zane yours looks sweet except he looks like he has 2 rows of teeth still sweet.