ID:921967

One of my games has been around for awhile, and yes, originally it was created from a game by the name of Naruto Izou (Its owner gave me the source, allowence to work on the project, I have logs, promission from the iconners to use their works, etc etc) however, my game has been de-listed for being a rip when the whole Guild system was put in place. An admin recently reviewed my game (I showed him the source, the logs, and the old source) in which he deemed that the game had changed enough to warrent re-listing, so he relisted it. However somewhat recently the game seems to be delisted again. I was not given reason, or notice of this. Kinda looking for some kind of explaination.
Wouldn't surprise me at all they all have different opinions on rips.
I mean, if they do that's fine. However I went through the process of contacting one to get it re-listed, and then once it did happen, I get removed with no contact/information about it.
They wouldn't have to give you an excuse, they do as they please really.

But if you wanted an excuse I am sure they will reply here.

But it comes down to you using a rip IMO I wouldn't let you be listed ( no offence ) BYOND has had cease and desist orders from the creators of some Anime's and due to this, listing ( publicly or not ) could cause a lawsuit.
You are confusing the issue of Anime and rip here though. You wouldn't allow Anime games to be listed, while a rip is a copy of someone's source/material (Or are you saying all Anime games fall under rip because its the original creators source material?) (Even icons count) that got out somehow (BYOND doesn't account for the original creators approve or not).
If the original owner approves of it they should be hosting the game on the original hub entry, making a new hub entry for a continuation of an existing game isn't how the system works.
Well no I am not really, If you stole someones work you still wouldn't get listed Anime or not.

Fan games ( Anime included ) do not get publicly listed whatsoever, if have rights and all permissions to another source you still won't get publicly listed if it's a fan game.
For future reference, a link to the hub entry would be helpful:
http://www.byond.com/games/Matt3151/NarutoTheFinalBattle

It looks like it was rejected:
[Rejected: This game is a rip.]

If the original moderator you spoke with is still around, I would suggest contacting them again.
In response to DarkCampainger
DarkCampainger wrote:
For future reference, a link to the hub entry would be helpful:
http://www.byond.com/games/Matt3151/NarutoTheFinalBattle

It looks like it was rejected:
[Rejected: This game is a rip.]

If the original moderator you spoke with is still around, I would suggest contacting them again.

Alright, I wasnt sure if it was allowed (seems kinda silly in retrospect) original mod that approved of the game, or the one that rejected it?
The one who originally approved it.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
If the original owner approves of it they should be hosting the game on the original hub entry, making a new hub entry for a continuation of an existing game isn't how the system works.

Why is this, out of curiosity? It seems likely that if the original owner of something has no further interest in working on something, they wouldn't be interested in maintaining a hub for a game they no longer work on either.

So either the person is unable to work on the continuation despite having full permission to do so, or the old owner is forced to either continue to maintain the hub or give out their login information for someone else to do so. Neither one of those seems very appealing.
In response to Alathon
You can set helpers for a hub, which have full access to modify the hub.
In response to LordAndrew
LordAndrew wrote:
You can set helpers for a hub, which have full access to modify the hub.

Fair enough. I suppose the train of thought is, that if permission were given, the only reliable way of verifying that is the person being added as a helper?
In response to Alathon
Could you rephrase that?
In response to Alathon
I think one other option, if your only interest is in verifying that the original creator gave permission, would be to have said creator post in the Admin Feedback forum.

However, I think a secondary issue that the policy Nadrew mentioned may be concerned with is "duplicate" hubs: where you have both the original--and now effectively dead--hub and the new one for the continuation.
In response to NNAAAAHH
NNAAAAHH wrote:
Could you rephrase that?

I was enquiring whether the current policy is in place to prevent abuse. And that the policy saw the original hub entry adding helpers as 'official acknowledgement' of someone as a representative of the game.

DarkCampainger wrote:
I think one other option, if your only interest is in verifying that the original creator gave permission, would be to have said creator post in the Admin Feedback forum.

Definitely, I agree.

DarkCampainger wrote:
However, I think a secondary issue that the policy Nadrew mentioned may be concerned with is "duplicate" hubs: where you have both the original--and now effectively dead--hub and the new one for the continuation.

If that is the case, I guess I feel like the policy is covering over a different issue altogether: Why is a dead hub entry getting search-space and listing space, to a degree where it is an actual problem? If I have a 6 year old hub entry that hasn't gotten players in years, it should be pretty darn hard for you to find my hub entry in any kind of search, compared to active games.
In response to Alathon
As a representative of the game, yes.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:

Well if its at least 13% different the international copyright rule allows it so i honestly don't see how his game is a rip as I've played it and its like 80 - 90% different then Naruto Izou
Unfortunately international copyright laws mean jack-nothing when it comes to fangames.