Pokemon Trading Card Game

by Speedro
Pokemon Trading Card Game
Bringing the Trading Card Game you know and love to BYOND!
ID:974887

The Pokemon Trading Card game (PTG) has been quite popular for a long time, and it's about time it is brought to BYOND. The duel system is inspired by Kajika's Duel Monsters Online (DMO), where you can watch other people duel live, and let the system handle all the rules, so you don't need to worry about anything but playing the game.

Beta Release

The Pokemon Trading Card Game for BYOND is now in public Beta testing! This means there are likely to be many minor glitches, and the interface and setup of how the game looks is destined to change based on feedback and functionality. Please report anything that seems like an error, including card descriptions, attacks, etc, either via the in-game Bug Report button, or on the forums.

Thanks for helping test and improve the game!

Kaamos' note: One of my main goals is streamlining the interface for accessability and design - Any problems or ideas on how to make your playing as smooth as possible would be greatly appreciated

Features

Fully automated duel system
Point & Click to control everything
Earn in-game coins for dueling
Spend coins on booster packs or specific cards (disabled for Beta testing)
Observe other duels
All cards from the original gameboy Pokemon TCG
Over 200 cards and adding more

Future Features
Hosting benefits: Hosts will be able to moderate and run their server + adding their own GMs and limiting max players.

Tournaments: Hosts and GMs will be able to run tournaments, set up draw size and have entry costs as a prize to the winner.

Cards: Slowly but surely adding more all the time! Usually will be released by generation and set.

Interface: We will be phasing out the testing interfaces for a more streamlined system.

Credits
All intellectual property and ideas of the cards belongs to © 2012 Pokémon. ©1995-2012 Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK inc. TM, ®, and character names are trademarks of Nintendo.

Programmers:
Speedro (Lead programmer)
Kaamos

Icons and Images:
Kaamos (Lead artist)

Interface Design:
Kaamos (Lead designer)

Libraries
Garthor - GetClick Lib
Lummox - Smilies+ Lib (Heavily Modified)
when will there be a sever to play on the year or month or week, day please tell
In response to Vanguard64
When we're out of Beta. We're both busy with school right now(not to mention a little burnt out from the coding-mania we went through to get the game to beta) but we're hoping to get a ton of work done on it over the Christmas break.
hey i am hosting a sever all the time but its my exams. after
it you will see my sever online most of the time.also the person who created this website never take this game down and
i mean never!!!!!
when i host a sever no body logsin please login
and i am hosting a sever all the time now
Please dont make it to where we have to buy cards with points or money, the game would be better off without that feature.
really it would be better if we buy booster packs or specific cards with points and money.You see then everyone will the best cards and best decks to quickly making the game boring and they get those cards with out earning them
so please install that buy feature and when will this thing come out of beta
also when will booster pack will be updated because alot of the cards are really old form years ago and there are no dark type pokemon also they are really few fire pokemon cards.I am not trying to be a jerk or anything by saying this
Having it so we buy cards with points/money makes it unfair to the new players when the veteran players have cards that way outclass new players' cards.
that what the ncp are for to duel with them or duel with your friends and once the game starts everybody will be new so there is no use to uninstall the buy feature.Deal with it and the buy feature was there before in beta so it will be there when the game comes out off beta so deal with it or get lost
end of discussion!
In response to Flakeyhooves
Flakeyhooves wrote:
Please dont make it to where we have to buy cards with points or money, the game would be better off without that feature.

I'm tending to agree with you on that one, we'll see where things take us. I won't be re-adding the buy card option unless the reasons for it become undeniable.
In response to Blasterdark64
Blasterdark64 wrote:
also when will booster pack will be updated because alot of the cards are really old form years ago and there are no dark type pokemon also they are really few fire pokemon cards.I am not trying to be a jerk or anything by saying this

We will be adding cards in the same order the cards were added in the real game. Dark cards aren't too far away actually, but there's still Rocket cards and Gym Hero cards to be made!
why is this game still in beta huh and i think its not updating has it shutdown?
Hello, I have been playing the game and loving it. The using victory points to buy cards is a good feature. Games need to have some sorta reward system to maintain a good player-base. People who argue that older players will have an advantage to newer players well yes. The NPCs are there so players can train on also if you haven't noticed the loser get points also. By making a goal when players build their dream deck they will be more accomplished.

Also, with help of your friends you can trade for the cards you may need and the lack every card unlocked makes it so you don't have every player running similar decks since some skilled deck builders will shine and then everyone will copy them. I saw it happen on DMO so many times. Keep up the good work on this game love it.
JOIN POKEMON SHADOWS OF DARKNESS, HOSTED ALLL DAY AND IS BACK UP
im now hosting a online 24/7 server for the pokemon trading card game, i really hope you guys play and have fun, will be looking for moderators soon
If you liked the original game PED, come take a look at PUO which is a brand new and original Pokemon Game coming to Byond. Cart12 and Myself are working together with a few other well known Pokemon players to bring this game to byond (since Pokemon has been in the dark on byond for quite a while). Fan/Favorite the hub and try out the Demo which you can download on the hub!

http://www.byond.com/games/IMangekyouI/ PokemonUniverseOrigins
Hello, I host this game 24/7.
Fan Doniu Host:
http://www.byond.com/games/Doniu/DoniuHostPanel

And me here:
http://www.byond.com/members/Doniu?command=view_fans

Also, this is hub for Doniu Host: (in alpha test, still not even read, but in future it will lunch)
http://www.byond.com/games/Doniu/DoniuHostPanel

If you got any questions, want something from me - PM :-}
*If somone would like to adversite my hosting - feel free to do it.
** Owner of this game/program, you have done a good job.