ID:979616

So... Anyone ever notice how tough it is to pick out the right BYOND facebook page? I was just doing a search on FB so that I could like the page, and I got so many results I couldn't figure out which was which.

I also couldn't think of anywhere I could find it here on the site, so I googled it, and was lucky enough to see one with a post about the monthly pick and knew that had to be it.

Maybe this is just me, but I can't help thinking that's kind of bad. If someone who knows a lot about BYOND struggles a bit to find BYONDs FB, how on earth is someone newer gonna find the right one? and how are all the fans of BYOND suppose to gather and get proper updates on FB?

It's certainly not a big or pressing issue, don't get me wrong, but I do think it's worth discussing so I've made this post.

I'm thinking at the very least, there should be a clearer link to BYOND's social networking points somewhere. I know social networking isn't a priority, but there is nothing wrong with at least making it easier to find what pages BYOND does have.

Anyway. Maybe I'm missing something, but I'd love to get some thoughts, opinions, and further information on this.
Facebook? I don't like anything about it and hate that it has to be used to communicate with some people.
Make a BYOND G+ account, problem solved.
I agree the official BYOND FB page is a little bit difficult to find.

Being called "Free Online Games With BYOND" makes it not show up on a general search for the word "BYOND" on the first page of search results. But two other community pages do show up as top results. So it can be confusing.

I don't know what could be done about that. Last time I tried to edit the name of a group page I couldn't do it. But that was years ago. At the end of the day I don't think it's a huge deal though. Most people probably join it via being linked to it rather than using Facebooks search function.
There's a link to it in the Games section of this website. It belongs somewhere at the top of every page, IMO.
As a side note apparently there is a BYOND app (which doesn't work since who ever created it couldn't afford an SSL cert ..)

https://apps.facebook.com/byondgames/