ID:98834

Keywords: art, byond, games, pixel, related, rip, zomg
Random Thought #2

Just a random question that I've been thinking about for a while now. When I look at a game's hub I often check the related tabs and I notice the different types of games displayed. I was just wondering what exactly decides that those games are related to the hub you're on. I've tried everything from leaving certain guilds, hiding guilds from the hub, and things of the sort that connects some of the related games to mine. I'm tired of watching "rip #1, #2, and #3" on some great games related tabs when the game's aren't even remotely related. Nothing I've tried to change has worked in changing the games displayed on my related tabs so I decided to ask you guys if you knew what exactly makes these games "related" and if you know a way to change/remove some of those games from the related tab.

Pixel Artist Search

Title is self explanatory, I'm looking for some help in the pixel art department. I've been working on Dragon Ball Kai, with the help of my friend Lige, and we seriously need some artwork done. So far I have been making placeholders, which lets us continue our development but I'd like to get an early start with getting them replaced. If any pixel artists out there have some free time or want a game to work on, lend a hand with, etc send me a message over BYOND pager or you can reach me at [email protected]. Hopefully I'll find some help because I'm getting tired of these placeholders.
If you visit the game hub in question, there will be a little "This was recommended for you!", click "Why?" and it will explain, giving you the option to note you are not interested in that game specifically, or things you don't want them to use to base recommendations on.

Also, related games are based on what the players like, not you specifically.
I've tried the "Don't use this for recommendations" and the "I am not interested" selections and the games still show up on my related tabs. Also if it's based on what the players favorite, then why have the option to hide their guild from my hub if it doesn't affect the related tabs. I think it should affect the games in the related tabs by what guilds are shown on the hub. It's all fine and dandy that players like certain games but I don't find it right that I don't have the option of hiding games I don't want to be shown on my related tabs.
Lige wrote:
Despite the placeholders, the programming is coming along well :]

Heck yeah! =]
BxS0ldi3R wrote:
I've tried the "Don't use this for recommendations" and the "I am not interested" selections and the games still show up on my related tabs. Also if it's based on what the players favorite, then why have the option to hide their guild from my hub if it doesn't affect the related tabs. I think it should affect the games in the related tabs by what guilds are shown on the hub. It's all fine and dandy that players like certain games but I don't find it right that I don't have the option of hiding games I don't want to be shown on my related tabs.

Yeah, they aren't your related tabs, they are general. It's based on a correlation of which players play which games.
Stephen001 wrote:
BxS0ldi3R wrote:

Yeah, they aren't your related tabs, they are general. It's based on a correlation of which players play which games.

If that's the case, how would they be related to my games when no one has tried Dragon Ball Kai yet. So shouldn't there be no related games?
BxS0ldi3R wrote:
Stephen001 wrote:
BxS0ldi3R wrote:

If that's the case, how would they be related to my games when no one has tried Dragon Ball Kai yet. So shouldn't there be no related games?

You've played it, presumably.
Bah =[ This system needs change.
Pixel Artists FUUUUUUUUUU
Players get the option to "Like" a game on its hub. If it's favorited or followed then they follow and favorite other games your game is linked to theirs via that transaction. It's something that is completely out of your control. Say for example I follow your game then a number of rips and naruto rips as well, then other people who have the same games on their favorites favorite your game then the general theme is that the games are alike.
Edit: On another note this post is on a way out dated post but I figured you'd still like to know.