A Miner Adventure

by Forum_account
A Miner Adventure
Use a pick-ax and bombs to dig tunnels and build scaffolding to traverse the caves. Be careful, you'll never know what kind of danger you'll find!
Very nice game with great physics, fun to play around with
Good and Okay Game
It won't let me join the server
Nykuri wrote:
It won't let me join the server

It seems like the website continues to list the server even after the person stopped hosting. You van always download the game and play by yourself, or host it yourself.
Why does noone play multiplayer as much as they used to.
Because there are no official/permanent servers?
It seems to be glitchy walking... When I walk, I can't stop unless I hit a wall.
Za3123 wrote:
It seems to be glitchy walking... When I walk, I can't stop unless I hit a wall.

If you're connecting to a remote server that could just be network lag. If you're running it locally, it could be that the game is unresponsive because your computer can't keep up with drawing the graphics fast enough.

1. Do you have the most recent version of BYOND?
2. Are you playing on an older computer?
3. Do you have hardware rendering enabled? (to check open the pager and go to File -> Preferences -> Games and see if the third checkbox is checked).
I can't figure out about picking up items, i tried every key combination, walking over & everything else, nothing helping me pick up ores in career mode.
You pick them up just by walking over them, but you have limited bag space. Press tab to cycle the display of the top HUD bar, the second page shows how much ore you are carrying.
Yea I figured it out but apparentally got some without realizing it or was bugged the first time after i re-opened it was working correctly for me.

Even the medal makes you go over the amount of the money needed for all items might be nice if there were stuff to allow you to carry even more ore & medals for yet even more money to earn, I like playing simple but fun games like this because medals to work towards, something to show how good I did in the game.

I would've gotten the hidden gem's but the medals didn't say they dont appear in multi-player mode so I was unable to complete it, adventure mode seems quite hard to me (to find the gems) or time consuming to do alone & well people to play with me on survival are low so im not sure I can do that really.

EDIT:Anyways seems odd to show guests scores on scoreboard at all & why exactly showing survival losses anyways? is the only one for loss on there.
I would've gotten the hidden gem's but the medals didn't say they dont appear in multi-player mode so I was unable to complete it, adventure mode seems quite hard to me (to find the gems)

They are hard to find. I'm surprised at how many people have found them, though I don't think many people have found all of them. I expected that #2 would be the hardest to find, but #1 has been found the least. I can give you hints, if you'd like. I should also add a note that gems can't be found in multiplayer games.

Even the medal makes you go over the amount of the money needed for all items might be nice if there were stuff to allow you to carry even more ore & medals for yet even more money to earn, I like playing simple but fun games like this because medals to work towards, something to show how good I did in the game.

I tried to pick money amounts for the career mode medals to make them about as difficult to get as the medals for other modes.
OK the new version has bugged where other players who join can't play the game(the screen goes black when they should be playing) & I no longer get to choose my own avatar even though im controlling the gametype & another is I am no longer able to press enter to start chatting I must click the chat bar.
Ok, I just posted a fix to those two issues. I'm not sure why the avatar selection isn't working.
Posted three new bugs where you told me to, just posting so here, just in case you look here instead of there, so you know to take a look.

Heres the 3 links.

http://www.byond.com/members/Forumaccount/ forum?display=0&id=397
http://www.byond.com/members/Forumaccount/ forum?display=0&id=398
http://www.byond.com/members/Forumaccount/ forum?display=0&id=399
Was wondering when another update may come, I was gonna host a new version whenever one comes out, the one with the 3 bugs fixed & possibly additions of things.

Now it doesn't have to come anytime soon but when it does i'll host it, just let me know when it comes.

You expressed interest on possibly making adventure mode longer & possibly adding new medals & stuff too, so I don't want to rush you to update things if your working on something more than a few smaller bugs.
Terraria: Byond edition!
El Wookie wrote:
Terraria: Byond edition!

I'm pretty sure A Miner Adventure came first :-)

About the update, I think I have those bugs fixed but I haven't had much time to work on new content. It'll be a few months at least.
A fun little game! A little more direction in adventure mode might help (maybe some arrow signs).
Jmurph wrote:
A fun little game! A little more direction in adventure mode might help (maybe some arrow signs).

It's really just the beginning that's open and lacks direction, though it should really be the other way around (the beginning has more direction, the end is more open). I'm planning to make another mode, similar to the adventure mode, that is bigger and better. It won't replace the current adventure mode but it'll give me a way to address some of these problems. I just need to play through Super Metroid again and I'll have the motivation to work on it :-)
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7