EDO

by MDC
Bout to rock your socks off stay tunned
In response to Xyberman
heh...that sounds painful xD
What's the Eta on this guys, if you need some help let me know.
Dude me and my friend are willing to help you anyway possible, for shizzle, if hope your combat mechanic is not the ones "press attack" something near heroes united one would be great.
In response to King-manga-man
Heyah Jonaz! Message me on skype some time. We'd love your help out in the art department.
In response to Zamagna
Our combat is going to be something completely new to BYOND. It'll be fast-paced, combo based, and won't be like 99% of the broken combat systems in the current dbz games here.
Do u have an estimate date this game should be up by?
As of now were not releasing that information. We'll keep you guys updated on things tho.
We're currently fleshing out the combat system. I'll post some information and maybe screenshots soon once it's closer to being completed. After that we'll be holding a closed test server for it, though I might ask for some of you to help test things.
Sign me up!
Here's a little sneak peak of what we're working on at the moment. This is the first test of our new pixel projectile system and it is a pure programmer test at the moment.
Here are some more examples of what is capable with what we have so far with very minor tweaks to angles. Expect many fancy projectiles and explosions during your fights! :D
when i saw the first gif i thought, cool but still not actually effective/usability wise much less when mouse needed, i was going to recommend that it should pursue the target if it was within a certain radius since it would be ezy to dodge, but now that you should those other examples, u're fucking good dude.
It's only done to where the mouse clicked for testing purposes. It's our first test of the projectile system :) There will be a targetting system that will have homing type energy attacks follow the target with a limit to their angle. There will be homing attacks, linear ones, beams, etc. Also, this is Ter13's work :) The dude is great at what he does lol.
when i saw the first gif i thought, cool but still not actually effective/usability wise much less when mouse needed

So far I've really only spent about 3 hours working on the projectile system. This is the very first pass, and there's still a fair few places I want to take it. We've only just started to scratch the surface of what's possible with projectiles. I've been focusing on making them extremely efficient and easy to use for the developers in such a way that it's trivial for them to add new kinds of projectiles with their own unique behavior.

i was going to recommend that it should pursue the target if it was within a certain radius since it would be ezy to dodge, but now that you should those other examples, u're fucking good dude.

Homing projectiles are actually on their way as we speak. I'm just derping around in a private test environment at the moment, so the control scheme and interface isn't being showcased here.

It should also be noted that these projectiles can move at just about any speed, any angle, and they are amazingly efficient.
Lol he said derping! XD
I'll take your word then, i meantioned the non efficiency not only because the mouse thing, but overral no server ever made ki's actually usable without being overpowered, the only that got the closes was Falacy with heroes united 2 still you could easily avoid, but i think you're going to surpass that.
i meantioned the non efficiency not only because the mouse thing, but overral no server ever made ki's actually usable without being overpowered

I don't think you've got to worry about inefficiency. There's just no way we're going to have enough projectiles flying around to bring BYOND to its knees. My system will handle an overkill amount of projectiles for our purposes.

Anyway, yeah, you are right to be concerned about balance. We'll have to tackle balancing during the combat alpha.
No fair ya got Ter13 helping I might as well call quits now on mine >.<
@Ganite: Don't give up. You get to be the best by always doing your best. Quitting will never get you there. I'm always available for questions, you know.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7