ID:99660

Not Feasible
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Implementing this feature is not possible now or in the foreseeable future
As of late, I have become aware of many players using Third Party Programs to "Power" Level their Keys...Not just the kind that mimics a Macro and does a string of commands, but one that increases the FPS (Frames Per Second) thus lowering ingame delays for them...

If a feature such as this could get added, that would be quite great.
Are you talking about Auto-Clickers and Auto-Typers?

You'll have to be more specific when you mean third party programs to power level their Keys.

I thought "Speed-Hacks" didn't work with Dream Seeker -- if that's the second thing you were talking about.
Maximus_Alex2003 wrote:

No, in fact, he pretty blatantly stated that it wasn't those.

You'll have to be more specific when you mean third party programs to power level their Keys.
I thought "Speed-Hacks" didn't work with Dream Seeker -- if that's the second thing you were talking about.

Speed-hacks of some sort seem to indeed work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p68QE1yrSnc
They seem to somehow override the 1 command per tick system as far as I can tell. Which is a pretty major issue from a security, gameplay, bandwidth, and pretty much every other standpoint, but it has been around forever.
You could hard-code systems to prevent people from cheating by using such systems, but it would be a rather ridiculous undertaking, and would hopefully be simple to implement from the engine's side.
Falacy wrote:
Maximus_Alex2003 wrote:

No, in fact, he pretty blatantly stated that it wasn't those.

Speed-hacks of some sort seem to indeed work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p68QE1yrSnc
They seem to somehow override the 1 command per tick system as far as I can tell. Which is a pretty major issue from a security, gameplay, bandwidth, and pretty much every other standpoint, but it has been around forever.
You could hard-code systems to prevent people from cheating by using such systems, but it would be a rather ridiculous undertaking, and would hopefully be simple to implement from the engine's side.

Sorry to reply/quote all of the past message, but Falacy is correct, a few of the more loyal players gave me some of the sites where they are getting these speed hacks from.

Orginally it was Auto-Clickers, which I rooted out with simple AFK Checks that required you to input a certain (randomized) command, then however people started using these speed hacks, and I see some people reach levels in a day, that it would take a normal person a week to catch up to.

Correct me if Im wrong, but isnt this area of the site for BYOND Admins/Mods/GMs/Whatever you wanna call them to look at...Im going to take a wild guess that things requested here dont often get added? :/
Ter13 resolved issue (Not Feasible)

Cheating is largely something that just plain can't be prevented adequately, and it's not in BYOND's interests to invest time in preventing something that can't be stopped.

However, on the upside, there's always the ability to help mitigate the effects of cheating by issuing sanity checks on player actions (preventing too many cumulative actions at once, reducing the effect of speed hacks on the server side), and there's always gameplay means of preventing macro usage to at least some degree.