A tile-based board game of digitally divine proportions! [More]
To download this game for your Linux/Mac installation, enter this on your command line:
DreamDownload byond://EGUY.DeusRex##version=22Emulator users, in the BYOND pager go to File | Open Location and enter this URL:
Only Windows users can play this game. If you have an emulator, you can join the waiting list to be informed when a new server is ready to play.
Welcome to the hub entry! Scroll down for screenshots. An internal helpfile will provide you with all the info you need to start playing right away!
Deus Rex is now a featured game for the Byond Strategy Guild!
See my blog for the latest Dev's on this game.
*Reviews would be welcomed at this point!*
Please support BYOND through Membership or a donation!
EGUY: (May 14 2010, 8:38 pm)
I think I'm going to phase out 'Equal Deal'.
EGUY: (May 14 2010, 8:33 pm)
Well dayum. Had a bug on something I was testing and a good number of scores got wiped out...
I was planning to reset all scores for the next big update.
EGUY: (Apr 14 2010, 10:57 am)
I've got some changes for the next version set, but haven't released it yet.
ACWraith: (Apr 13 2010, 11:56 pm)
I hinted at some issues in Tech Tree #156, but here are the details. =)
- The togglebg verb is currently creating a "Commands" panel. Getting rid of it is a requirement for BYOND Strategy's featured list.
- I won't harp on your lack of proper HTML standards, but you should at least remove the annoying line breaks that are inserted in the middle of paragraphs. Well-formatted help files are another feature list requirement.
- Meanwhile, you can probably remove most of the Setup section. I believe sections like this are more likely to bore or intimidate players before they even learn how to play. Summarize it in a couple sentences. If your interface is so obtuse that it requires a manual then you have bigger problems.
- When using small buttons and labels like you do in the menu pane, be sure to set the font and font size. Don't count on players using the same settings. Likewise, extend every text label whenever there is room. There is no reason I should be reading things like "Equal D...".
- Names are cut off in the info panel. I'd try removing the player suffixes. Members already have avatars to set them apart. I currently see my giant head followed by "A..." and "*Member*".
- The AI buttons are not quite wide enough to contain their text. (Mainly, "Mastermind".) Meanwhile, the Remove AI button overlaps the info panel.
- I'd remove the border on the main_menu child. It gives the text slightly more room. More importantly, it looks more clean. Remove borders when you can.
- Is the Spectators tab necessary? I'd replace it with a button next to the music toggle. It could then open a pop-up that displays everyone on the server. That would be useful even while games are in progress. The menu pane could then focus on the waiting list.
EGUY: (Mar 27 2010, 2:17 pm)
Well the white bars are just the background. This is with a lot of programming to get the thing to always stay in a square.
The screen artifacts have been there since the first version I switched to a child element to swap between the host menu and hand screen.
I can work on a help file.
Copyright © 2023 BYOND Software. All rights reserved.