Dead of Night

by Falacy
Dead of Night
A 1 to 6 player board game based on scenarios you might recognize from various zombie films.
ID:118815

Dead of Night is a 1 to 6 player board game based on scenarios you might recognize from various zombie films. There is no 'Zombie Master' here: all the players are on the same side, all working together to survive, although the option to use other players as zombie bait while you grab all the guns and lock yourself in the cellar is there if you prefer.
Either way, you will need to use strategy and your (fresh and spicy) brains as well as chainsaws and shotguns to make it through the night.

Each scenario has a location to be explored, and an objective to be fulfilled, but if things don't go well just survival may be enough. Cards drawn throughout the game may help or hinder your progress, but as the night draws on you can be sure things are going to get much worse before you see the sun again.

The game ends when somebody fulfils the main objective (eg, escaping in a fuelled up vehicle), or at daybreak, which brings respite in the form of an advancing army patrol. If you can survive until the end of the game, you are a winner. The survivor who best fulfils their objectives will come out on top.
The game looks intimidatingly complicated, so I'm having trouble finding anyone to play with. :[
El Wookie wrote:
The game looks intimidatingly complicated
What looks too complicated? Everything should be explained by mousing over the actions...
Basically, you just want to survive as long as possible, and you get points for killing zombies.

so I'm having trouble finding anyone to play with. :[
So play alone? Or assign yourself multiple tokens and play against yourself =P
Falacy wrote:
What looks too complicated? Everything should be explained by mousing over the actions...
Basically, you just want to survive as long as possible, and you get points for killing zombies.

My conversations are as such:
Me: Want to play a new game Falacy made? Looks fun, board game zombie survival thing.
Them: Sure, link me to the hub?
Me: <Link>
Them: (After obviously seeing the one screenshot) Alright give me a few minutes
Me: Okay
-They went offline-

Maybe I just have crappy friends? :[

So play alone? Or assign yourself multiple tokens and play against yourself =P

BYOND
Play alone
Haha, oh wow.
Unrelated note:
You should start adding sub bonuses to things again, you're worried about going bankrupt but not giving people a real incentive to pay, considering how many games you've recently put up.

(I want sub bonus: Dinosaurs on every game)
Some people don't have a middle mouse button to dismiss the card event message. Why do you require that?
You can now use Space to advance messages
Maybe a description on how to combine items??? It's not really very descriptive. spent a couple hours playing and couldn't figure it out.
can some one start a sever up?
Dawn Breaks card has no programmed action.
Car Crash has no programmed action.