ID:374420

Post your comments here!
People are hankerin' for a hunk of that lighting system.
I'm planning to hold off on releasing it for a bit for two reasons: First off it's a bit integrated into the codebase it was built on due to sillyness with how BYOND handles turf creation. Second off, there's a bunch of shittyness between SS13 branches that makes me not want to release it the moment.

I'm going to consider packaging it up and releasing it once I finish the full rewrite to make use of BYOND 510 features (once that comes out).
Understandable.

Instead, could you give me a rough idea of how it works?

A library would be great, but if I could code something myself based on the concept I'd much prefer that.

It's fine if you don't want to, but the idea and the results are very intriguing so I'm very curious to try it out for myself =)
So hey, is a library version of the lighting code actually still in the works, or was it just too tied up to port?

I mean, Goon's pretty different, but if anyone actually wanted it for real, they'd work to make it work on their branch.

I'd even be willing to help with that.
I'm gonna have to tear out most of it anyways with BYOND 510 to support newer, fancier features. I'll see about it then.