RP Basic is just as it sounds, a basic engine for roleplaying. With it and some imagination from your players, you can easily craft fantastic worlds and epic adventures with nothing more than some world building and HTML.
Core features include characters with fully-customizable profiles and children to support multiple face icons, files that can be created, edited, and deleted by admins to provide publicly-available information, a split between in-character and out-of-character output, and essential admin tools. Also provided are three customizable server rules, message of the day, and world information and a few other tools handy for roleplaying.
RP Basic is currently in a very early stage, so feedback is appreciated, especially to spot any bugs that lurk in the code.
Open Beta v6.1
- New verb: version. Prints a messages displaying the server's current RPB version. The same message is displayed upon logging in, above the rules and message of the day.
- Beeps now also have small text notifications for both the beeper and the beepee.
- New admin verbs: mute and unmute beep. Used to disable or reenable a particular player's beeps. Muting a player normally still disables beeps regardless of if their beeps are muted or not.
Open Beta v6
- Move to Folder is now available as a command for folder modify. Which means, yes, folders can now be placed within other folders.
- New verb: beep. Plays a beep at target player; does not work on players who have set their status to asleep or AFK. Also, you can't beep while muted.
- New verb: disable beep. Prevents you from being beeped.
- Bugfix: Some of the folder modify input boxes had the wrong help text.
- Bugfix: Creating multiple files or folders at time no longer gives them the same default name.
- Not in this version but as a reminder to myself: add a "whatversion" function in the next release.
Open Beta v5.3
- Bugfix: A cardinal sin has been absolved, so now showing random numbers to yourself or trying to generate random numbers while muted now behaves properly.
Open Beta v5.2
- Muting someone now prevents them from using their characters.
- random number now asks a fourth prompt that allows you to show only yourself the results or cancel the generation.
Open Beta v5.1
- Bugfix: Children still had Test Apperance instead of Test Appearance. Whoops. This rendered the command unfunctional on them. Double whoops.
- Make Child now asks for the number of children to make, allowing the birthing of them en mass.
Open Beta v5
- Due to some incompetence with file storage and computer issues, the previous updates have been redone and may be functionally different. Apologies for this, and as a result of it, the lack of updates.
- Test Appearance is now properly Test Appearance.
- Player saves are now stored in their own folder. Hosts will want to make a players/ directory and move all the player .savs there.
- New character commands: Nudge Up and Nudge Down. These do the same thing as their file and folder counterparts; mothers will move within the owner's character list, while children with move within the mother's child list.
- Nudge Up and Nudge Down ( all versions ) now ask for the number of spaces to nudge rather than limiting the nudge to one space per use.
Open Beta v4.2.2
- Bugfix: Browser windows, such as those used by read file, now have better creation of unique cache names.
Open Beta v4.2.1
- Player saving on graceful log off has been reincluded to help aid in edge cases where saving would otherwise not occur.
- Bugfix: set admin status wasn't saving after use.
Open Beta v4.2
- Player saving now occurs after each savable change rather than on a graceful log off.
- Bugfix: Being on multiple servers should no longer cause shenanigans with world infos, outside of unusual circumstances.
Open Beta v4.1
- Bugfix: read file should now show unowned files to non-admins.
- Bugfix: Unowned files should no longer appear when you switch folders with file modify, except for admins.
Open Beta v4
- World status is now saved.
- set world status has been updated to be put more in line with other set admin verbs.
- Many verbs now have their name at the top of their input boxes.
- The Player List and Your Characters tabs now have a dancing binary figure to help keep clients connected.
- When using the Set Icon character command, you can now also choose to remove the character's icon or to close to prompt without changing it.
- New admin verbs: folder create, folder delete, and folder modify. Allows the creation, deletion, and modification of folders to hold files. Currently, folders cannot be placed in other folders. Deleting a folder will dump all the contained files into the root menu, to prevent accidental deletion from wiping large amounts of data.
- New admin file command: Move to Folder. Allows the actual usage of folder by placing the selected files into the selected folder.
- Bugfix: file modify will no longer ask what you want to do with yourself.
- Bugfix: Special characters in names will no longer cause character descriptions and files to become unreadable.
Open Beta v3.1
- set console color is now properly an admin verb. Whoops.
Open Beta v3
- Player List tab modified to aid readability.
- By clicking on the indented, unbolded player name in the Player List tab, you can now toggle between showing their characters, their characters and children, or hiding them. Defaults to hiding them.
- Added more verbs to marcos and the drop-down menus.
- Now properly uses the version variable.
- New character command: Normalize Children Colors. Allows you to instantly the name and text colors of all differing children to match the parent.
- New character command: Test Apperance. Prints a test message to only you for checking how the character will look when used.
- New admin verb: set console color. Allows changing the background and text colors of both the IC and OOC consoles.
Open Beta v2.1
- Bugfix: File ownership is now properly kept after logging off.
Open Beta v2
- Keys are now bolded in the player list to aid in readability.
- You can now set font colors directly by hex code.
- Add Cancel option to several verbs that were missing it.
- file create and file delete are now available for players, however they can only edit or delete their own files.
- New verb: file modify, which opens a list that allows editing files, renaming them, and, for admins, nudging them up and down the file list. Replaces file edit.
- New admin verbs: writer allow and writer deny. Non-admins that are not writers cannot create, modify, or delete files. New players do not begin with writer powers.
- New admin verb: set character skeleton. Allows changing the default description of characters to aid in their creation.
- Bugfix: Children will now always have a cancel command in their menu.
- Bugfix: Right-clicking on a character no longer pulls up a useless context menu.
- Bugfix: If you don't alter a file's contents, it will no longer announce that you did.