ID:106027

EnigmaticGallivanter
Original Date: Aug 02 2006

People of Impact:

• Tom Hehre: If you're on BYOND, how can't be he a person of impact? Along with Dan they created the site and programs which I use today along with the help of people like Lummox
  • Stephen Badger: Whenever I need to talk to someone about anything or some ideas I have, I will always go to Stephen. Stephen has been there to give me advice and suggestions, sometimes even helping out with my interviews
  • Ben Mallahan: Regardless if people don't like him for he acts or what he says, I have some respect and admiration for this man. He was my first interviewer and helped me get through some social stigma with the result of that interview. His games have helped me turn a bit more against fan games, and I'm pretty keen on some of his ideas as well.

Meaningful Experiences:

• Finding BYOND: I was still in middle school when I had an idea of turning some of my ideas into games. During my school days and during the summers I would imagine different types of worlds that could be played out as games. I wanted to look into making these things, a reality. After some google searches I found some game creating programs but they didn't work out so well. When I found BYOND I was loving it more than the rest because this wasn't just any drag and drop creator, it let me program, do the mapping, and all the fun stuff that you get left out on with the others.
  • My First Game: My first game, was a fan game. After doing several mini games and wanting to build them... well they failed. So I decided I want to start by seeing if I can "recreate" an idea that already exists for practice. In 08/09 I started working on a Kingdom Hearts game that went a bit past testing stages and was a bit playable (more than the current live ones), but it was soon after that I gained my Anti-Fan Game mentality, and dropped the project.
  • Journalism: I wasn't too fond of how people bashed others for certain events, I wasn't too fond of how some developers don't release a lot of info, and I wasn't fond of how little we know of certain key members. So starting with my first interview with SilkWizard, I wanted to do interviews for the community. I wanted to see who would allow me to probe them for information about their games, their life, their views and their affairs with the community.

Virtues and Beliefs

• I believe one should look more towards their goals and plans before looking after others.
  • Do not let things get in the way of your productivity and efficiency if they can be held off without consequence.

BYOND Likes:

• The Software
  • The forum style

BYOND Dislikes:

• Little game diversity
  • Too much copy cat games
  • Not enough action towards rips
  • The unfunny trolls

Aphorism's to Live By:

• "Stop spending so much time worrying about the latest drama, and start producing something." - Ben "SilkWizard" Mallahan
  • "A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others." - Ayn Rand
  • "Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot- proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." - Rich Cook

Why Are You Here:

• I could say I'm here to produce. But that would be me years ago. I can honestly say I'm not sure why I'm here. I want to produce, I want to be a part of the community, I want to provide things for the users not only in games but with articles and interviews. I'm never really sure when I'll do one or the other, I only do when I feel something needs to be done or posted. I know I don't want to be like the low-tier members that produce the rips or do nothing at all but complain... I know what I want to do, but I honestly can't fathom why I am truly here...

Nice Post E.G, I feel like we're best friends now, after i'v learnt so much about your byond life :) lol.

I don't think i'd bother writing up one of these though, I don't really have much to write about.