ID:109700

EarthBound: Online has finally hit the 0.1.0 mark! (Major/Minor/Build) 45% for a small demo has been finished!

Recently was thinking how to create a sufficient Shop system that was easy to navigate and would seem familiar to players (Other then using a HUD, that might be a consideration some other time.) of other games. The current Shop System layout is similar to Final Fantasy: the Hunting Grounds (In terms of how the web works below)
.___________
|[storename]| The system all has a couple of other features, including the message and name for each
|---------| shop. (Which is handled by the sub-category of the main '/obj/shop/' directory.
|Buy------| The Buy command is quite barebones and doesn't (currently) filter out selections that cost more then what
|Sell------| you have. The Sell command is underconstruction at the moment, so more news later.
|Check----| Because of the way I have the shop running, the Check command displays the prices of items and their
|Leave-----| stats.
\---------/
(Basic Sketch | Due to the newly installed EarthBound: Online inventory check system, the shop has to rename the item
of Shop Menu) | if there's more in the inventory. It also checks for inventory limits and alerts users accordingly. (Speaking of which, the current inventory limit of 10 is probably going to be increased 12 or 15 and can be upgraded at certain points in the game)

Since I find the way of my current inventory system a little 'unique', I might be composing a small simple library of how the game handles the inventory for everyone to download to study or use in their games. (Which I would be honoured if anyone does!)

Of course, if I DO end up making the library, I'll be sure to go into as much detail and put in a lot of comments as I can so everyone can understand it.