Save Our Survivors

by Brettpenzer
Save Our Survivors
Can you survive the island?
ID:1260869

Applies to:

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I'm not sure if I am just unable to figure these out but it would be nice to have these-

Being able to carry a lit torch, or perhaps being able to make two different kinds of torches- a torch stand and a hand torch.

A fishing net- that you can set out at waters edge, or even in the ocean that you can then come back and check occasionally for food.

A trap for small critters- same idea, being able to catch food with it.

Not sure what shovels are for, I can't seem to find anything with them.

Can't seem to figure out how to pick berries off the bushes. If it's not implemented it would be nice.

Fresh water sources on an island other than the starting island.

The ability to take a nap when your fatique is about 50%.

---
Maybe the ability to hold more items (like a makeshift backpack.

Thank you for your post and I will answer your requests below

Q. Being able to carry a torch in hand.
A. This feature was looked at when the game was in very early alpha stages and I was working on the basic lighting system for SOS. I did input this feature but taken it out due to amount of CPU it would take to process.

Q. Fishing Net.
A. That seems like a really neat feature and I would love to implement this into SOS.

Q. Traps.
A. I looked at this before publishing the game and didn't feel the real need to be able to set up traps as there is only a limit of enemies and sometimes the mobs don't move that far so your would need to make it very close which you might as well use a weapon.

Q. Shovel.
A. The Shovel was implemented for players to be able to find stuff under sand but removed it due to non animation of dig but would love to implement it if possible.

Q. Berries.
A. Only a horticulture skill can pick berries of bushes and can be used to eat, cook and heal conditions such as poison or poison the player depending on berries (RED)

Q. Fresh water sources.
A. I did look at making water sources available but haven't implemented them into SOS just yet.

Q. Sleep Energy.
A. Currently your sleep has to be below 30% I will increase due to the fact that people like to keep there energy up.

Q. Backpack.
A. Currently the skill Explorer allows you to hold 5 more items.

-Thanks
Brett