ID:1506911

Hi,

The recent addition of native SQLite support has demotivated me from continuing this project, so I'm sharing the source-code here for anyone who has an interest in C/C++ and extending BYOND through the use of them.

http://files.byondhome.com/SirLazarus/sl_sql.zip

This is a library I was developing with the intent of replacing Dantom.DB and providing SQL support for BYOND. It supports MySQL, SQLite, and PostgreSQL.

The library is unfinished but enough code was written to make it clear which direction it was going in.

By using savefiles I would have transferred data to and from BYOND. Unfortunately I got stuck trying to allow binary data to be sent. Lummox JR helpfully informed me that the "crc32" parameter in the savefile format is proprietary.

I didn't want to announce anything and get anybody's hopes up of the existence of this library, but I don't think it would have mattered if I did. On the other hand if I had known that native SQLite support was that high on the list I would have mentioned my project or I would have been working on something more... useful.

If anyone is interested in picking this up feel free to page me if you have any questions about my code.

- Sir Lazarus