In response to Spunky_Girl
Not necessarily. This format for including multiple attributes with related values is definitely used elsewhere (such as to pass data in websites through links, HTML forms and what not; you'll often recognize it if you look in your address bar), but it's just another format and you can use whatever you want for your own stuff. Parsing text to make a list of it doesn't change fundamentally no matter what characters you decide to use as separators etc, though in DM you could be more inclined to use params format as there are convenient built-in instructions to mess with it. There isn't much to know there in the first place, though... var1=value&var2=value2 and you're almost finished.
In response to Joshua50187
She wasn't talking about function parameters or 'arguments'. Try to follow the thread. :P
In response to Kaioken
she asked about other game programming in c++ which is on topic because the skill she is referring to in DM is a nessecary skill to know for any other type of game programming
In response to Joshua50187
I'm not sure what your point would be, since your English isn't the greatest (or it could be; you're just using "chat speak" or what-have-you).

I wasn't referring to C++ in general, I was referring to using parameters for uh.. "interfile-interaction" (dunno what it's really called :\) in other languages SUCH AS C++ (as an example) to be more specific.
In response to Spunky_Girl
My english is great. it's my typing that needs work. and its called file i/o. which is really the same principles in any computer language.
Page: 1 2