ID:2917795

Things have finally mostly calmed down this week, and that means I've been able to dedicate a better chunk of time to both maintenance and cleaning up 516 for pre-alpha.

On the 516 front, most of the work is focusing in on closing gaps in partially implemented stuff and documenting, but it's probably getting pretty close to where I can package up alpha builds. With 515's threading test builds, those were server-centric, but the WebView2 testing is gonna be a bit difficult because it's more of a client thing, yet by the nature of an alpha it's only a limited distribution. Still, I'm hoping I can get useful feedback from the major devs as well as get them started on whatever small changes they might need for their browser-based code (which, from my own experience with the pager, shouldn't be much).

515 has been in an even bigger flurry of activity, however, with some important bug fixes ready to go—most of them related to the map editor—and some real quality-of-life improvements to the editor that I think will be pretty great. As I said recently, the map editor will still see ongoing work. And there are still some known issues that need to be properly replicated so I can quash them, but until then I can only fix the things I can, and feature up the rest.

Big thanks as always to all the BYOND Members and our supporters on various donation platforms whose contributions make all this possible. I'm looking forward to bringing you exciting new stuff.

Supposedly spring is here, but tell that to the lake effect snow. I'm hoping at least it'll be clear for the eclipse coming up. In the meantime I have to score some Thin Mints and dodge traffic at the local fish place for another week and a half. Mak gam!