ID:36474

Well... because the WGA writers strike has stalled pretty much everything down in LA right now, I'm considering releasing the full version of the Gamers pilot online just for kicks.

When the Put Gamers On TV! .com site was originally launched, it amassed hundreds of thousands of hits within 48 hours of going online. Three weeks later the success of that site helped to launch my writing/directing career, as I was flown down to LA and signed by the talent agency ICM. I've since been meeting with networks and studios trying to get the show developed... but the writer's strike has thrown the brakes on everything for the time being.

I never actually got the chance to put the full spec pilot for Gamers online... I was advised to yank even the trailers off the internet. Now that things are officially on hold down in LA, I see no reason why I shouldn't just put the spec pilot online for everyone to see.

ANYWAY... when I launched the site last time, it made the front page of Digg. Although we had to deal with an influx of Digg morons, the spotlight did get several major gaming blogs/sites to take notice. This time around I think that it would be cool to get on the front page of Digg again... so here is what I propose:

A mini "release" party for the pilot. I'd host Acheron's Awakening for an afternoon, release the pilot on putgamersontv.com, and then we'd have a field day digging it up to the front page.

Anyone interested should go create and account at Digg.com sometime soon... perhaps we'll have this little celebration next week.

For those of you who don't know what the hell I'm talking about, here is the trailer for the Gamers spec pilot that I recently put back online:

That actually looks pretty damn good.
Heh. I've seen that trailer quite a few times now, and it still never ceases to amuse me. Anyway, as far as the "release party" suggestion goes.... hell, sounds like a good idea to me. Plus, it gives me a reason to use my ill-fated digg account again.
roflcopter
w00t.

F34R wrote:
roflcopter

that too.
Sounds fun, just don't jeopardize what you've got going in LA.
Worldweaver wrote:

Yep, I'd like to see the pilot, but not if it will screw up your future prospects in any way.
Reinhartstar wrote:
Plus, it gives me a reason to use my ill-fated digg account again.

Ditto.

However please make sure you get some sort of written permission from the producers. Don't take any chances this early in the Gamers.
There's a writers strike?
Gughunter wrote:
Worldweaver wrote:

Yep, I'd like to see the pilot, but not if it will screw up your future prospects in any way.

quoted for truth.

if it would have any effect at all then please do not even consider showing it!

I'd much rather watch the pilot on TV, along with more episodes, than the pilot on my PC, costing you your job! :[
Thanks for the concern guys! Don't worry though, at this point releasing the full pilot online won't cause any waves at all.

I'll figure out when the best time is to have the release party and let all of you know... I'm thinking a week from Sunday.

Thanks everyone!
I think everyone should see the episode, it's hilarious!
Tiberath wrote:
There's a writers strike?

Yup. No half-assed sitcoms for a while for people in the US of A.