ID:37101

Keywords: my_life_etc
For me, the more productive I am, the more sane I am... and right about now I need a straight jacket.

So my wedding is a week from Saturday. I'm not nervous about the fact that I'm getting married (I'm obviously looking forward to it)... I just have this growing feeling of anxiety that we're going to show up on the day of the wedding and realize that we forgot something (ex: flowers, a DJ etc...).

Unfortunately, whenever I get restless/anxious for extended periods of time, my coping mechanism is to become *completely* unproductive, which only compounds the problem!

Also not helping matters, my December is going to be crazy. To start things off, I have a business trip this weekend to Baton Rouge, Friday through Tuesday. After that I'll be hanging out with family for a few days before the wedding, having my bachelor party etc.

We get married on Saturday the 15th, and then it's off to Panama for a week for our honeymoon before returning on the 23rd to celebrate Christmas with my family. Then I have to be back by the 28th because this year I'm MCing the film festival that my friends and I won a couple years ago.

Hopefully by January the Writer's Strike is over so that I can get back to being productive. Not that getting married and having a fun holiday isn't "productive"... but you get the idea. At least by January all of the stress about the wedding day will be long past!
Congrats and good luck. This is just wonderful!
I wish you luck at the fune- I mean wedding!
Word of advice, let someone who is NOT nervous or irresponsible keep track of the rings. I ended up pulling off some NASCAR quality driving the day of my wedding because I left my ring box at home as a paperweight to a list of things I left for someone to do. Enjoy it, and more importantly, make sure SHE enjoys it.

Good luck, and congratulations!
DerDragon wrote:
Word of advice, let someone who is NOT nervous or irresponsible keep track of the rings. I ended up pulling off some NASCAR quality driving the day of my wedding because I left my ring box at home as a paperweight to a list of things I left for someone to do.

hahaha... that sounds like EXACTLY the kind of thing that I'm afraid of. Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely take it!