ID:38113

The deadline has passed, and there are three entries competing:

Snow War by Asielen. This looks like it's gonna involve tactics and CTF-style action. Looks fun; at a first glance the graphics are great too.

Snowblaze by EGUY. Has a kind of dodgeball feel. Quite interesting.

Snowball War by Vegetassj9. Nice graphics. Should be interesting to see multiplayer in action.

And unfortunately one of the early entrants that I liked a lot, Snowblock'd by Koil, had to be disqualified. The game never had a hub entry or download available. When I played during a test some time ago it did meet all the other qualifications, but since a download is mandatory, this one didn't make it. It's a shame because the 8-bit graphics and sounds were retrolicious.

While those who've been paying attention may have noticed there are exactly three entries and exactly three prizes, I'm holding off on awarding any prizes until I've ranked the games as 1, 2, and 3. I may look for some other bonus to give the #1 finisher. Hey, it's my contest. Meanwhile if any of the entrants would like their prize donated to anyone else in particular, now's the time to mention it.
not only has the deadline passed, but so has the snow, and the moment!
I was tempted to enter, and I did a bit of work on an entry, but when I saw how much time people were spending on just design and stuff I didn't think I'd stand a chance.
Just didn't have time :[

Good luck to the contestants!
IMO Snowblaze is the best of the 3.
*slips SSJ a five*
This makes me really sad, because I couldn't finish my entry in time. Oh well, I might as well finish up my entry and release it anyway.

Good luck to the current entries. I like Asielen's enttry.
Damn, I heard there was a contest going on but I never really knew what was up. Don't wait too long to start up another!
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they go by." - Douglas Adams
Hmm.. I'm currently 3rd better then I expected
I sure wish I knew about this contest before now. I would have won with a board game on woodgrain.
Where are the help files for Snow War? :(
Most of what you can do is outlined in the Instructions, although I admit they are a bit vague. I didn't really have a chance to put in all the functionality I wanted to, I kind of rushed it all.

However, it is a pretty open-ended game as far as how you play. I wanted it to be more like a actual snowball fight and less like a strategy game based on snowball fights. On that idea, you can create teams, and leave them at your whim, and if you want, you can decide not to have a team if you want.

Perhaps I will update the hub with a bit more information. I understand that anything I add from this point on is out of the contest including help materials, and that’s fine with me. With that said, iyou have any comments about the game, or anything you think I should add or change. Post it in the games forum. I am open for ideas.

I kind of used this contest to also take a break from thinking about my main project and to do something worthwhile before the new semester.
So it's just us three?
:D
I think so Eguy, We'll see what ever comes of it :D
This contest seemed to have gone out the window amidst all the site changes.
The site changes have kept me quite busy. I'll judge the entries as soon as I can.
Oh well, just take your time for it, I can wait :P
Was this contest terminated?
Page: 1 2