Action RPG Framework

by Forum_account
Action RPG Framework
A framework for developing action RPGs.
ID:847706

Resolved
I added the size_limit var on the Party object. I didn't get a chance to add the AI for mobs to run away when they're weak, but I plan to work on that kind of stuff in the next version.
Applies to:

This issue has been resolved.
how about an equipment window showing a graphical display on all the equipped items? that could also include a stats window showing the hit points, power ect.

make some mobs run away when their hit points are critical.

as a reminder there should be a limit for quests and party members. for example, if there is lots of party members or quests, those graphics would be displayed outside of the drawn tiles resulting in a decrease in screen resolution.

As a benefit to an added party member, i would suggest making them can't pvp other party members.
Kalster wrote:
how about an equipment window showing a graphical display on all the equipped items? that could also include a stats window showing the hit points, power ect.

I'm not sure how I'd handle this. It can't entirely be handled by the framework since the stats and equipment is determined by the game. I'll try to make it more easily possible to customize the inventory screen but I'm not sure how well it'll work.

make some mobs run away when their hit points are critical.

Good idea!

as a reminder there should be a limit for quests and party members. for example, if there is lots of party members or quests, those graphics would be displayed outside of the drawn tiles resulting in a decrease in screen resolution.

I could add a size limit as part of the library because that's something that should be there. The library's /Party object would have to be able to prevent people from joining the group if it's full.

As a benefit to an added party member, i would suggest making them can't pvp other party members.

It already does that =)
in version 10, could you provide a way to disband a party member and cancel a quest?
You can already cancel a quest by pressing Q, using the arrow keys to select a quest, and pressing delete.
I don't think the P key is being used for anything so I can add a similar method for removing party members.
Forum_account resolved issue with message:
I added the size_limit var on the Party object. I didn't get a chance to add the AI for mobs to run away when they're weak, but I plan to work on that kind of stuff in the next version.