Umbfall examined a few rooms as well, finding nothing. "Well, which way should we go? From what I saw, this ship isn't insanely big, so I think we'll be fine." He said, glancing about. Something about the ship felt off...
Sunshine nodded. "Though, we haven't seen much of anything yet. That shouldn't be a problem until we meet someone." She said. Scarlet then noticed a cat pass by down one of the halls. Sunny noticed too. "Hmm... Someone owns a cat."
Umbfall didn't scare it or anything. "Kinda odd. But, that means it could be humans." He said, as they continued walking along, making sure to check his back every now and again, for foes.
Sunshine looked at Umb with a cross expression. "Hey, ponies can have pets. I have a cat as well. She likes to wander around the Bardis." She defended herself, out of pride. "Anyway, let's keep looking around."
Umbfall smirked, but followed, checking some more rooms. All of which, were empty. "I kinda feel like this is a ghost ship." He inquired, pondering the state of the place.
Sunshine felt like agreeing when she heard heavy footsteps coming from above. "I don't think we're alone here." She said quietly. "Let's find a way to get to the upper deck. Then we'll finally figure out what we're dealing with."
Umbfall examined the ship, before knocking on a wall, which opened to a flight of stairs, leading up. "Oh, great. We have to examine the walls..." Umbfall said, frowning. "Well, this should take us upstairs."
Sunny nodded and started up the stairs, Scarlet following behind. When she reached the top, she peeked up to see a creature completely covered in what appeared to be magically powered armor, standing on its hind legs and holding a rifle right... at... her head...

"Well sh-"

"Hold it right there, devil!" The armored creature said firmly. Scarlet tensed up, ready to pounce this guy, when his stance changed and the gun was lowered. "Oh, it's an angel. I'm so sorry." He looked around, when he noticed Scarlet and Umb. "Oh? And these are friends of yours? It's good to have some backup with the devils boarding our ship."

Sunny had no idea what he was talking about, but experience taught her to play along. "Right, we're here to help. So, what's the situation?" She inquired, hoping to know more.

"Well, the devils took us by surprise, herded everyone to the upper decks and took control of the ship. There are just a few of us left to take back the ship, so I'm very glad to see an angel here." He explained.
Umbfall played along. "Do we have a backup plan incase of this? A failsafe that was put in place for this scenario?" He asked, sounding as confident as ever.
The armored creature nodded. "Yeah, there is a failsafe. It's called detonating this tub before they can get the sensitive information that is onboard. I was sent to initiate that failsafe when the devils attacked again and I was forced to fall back to this position." He said. "Though in my opinion, I'd rather live to see my family again, which is why I want to take back the ship. Will you assist?"

Sunshine listened carefully and nodded. "I would be delighted to help take back this ship. Though it would be prudent to see who else we can round up." She said.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 294 295 296