Keywords: gaming, minecraft

Poll: Have you played MineCraft before?

Yes I have, I love it! 39% (13)
Yes I have, its alright 27% (9)
Yes I have, it sucks 9% (3)
No I havent 12% (4)
what the hell is Minecraft? 12% (4)

Login to vote.

Just wanted to make another blog about something. I have some extra time before I go home (I am at college) and I got bored with BYOND (what else is new. XD), so I decided to check out Minecraft which my roommate so kindly installed on my laptop. Y_Y

MineCraft if you didn't already know is a sandbox building indie video game written in Java originally by creator Markus "Notch" Persson and now by his company, Mojang, formed from the proceeds of the game. The game is focused on creativity and building, allowing players to build constructions out of textured cubes in a 3D world. The game is divided into two main modes – free Classic and paid Beta – where Classic is focused entirely on construction with unlimited material supply, while Beta requires players to acquire resources themselves, and contains mobs, player health, and additional features and items. The gameplay is inspired by Dwarf Fortress, Dungeon Keeper, and Infiniminer.

The game is currently in development and Beta is the only continuously updated version of the game. Minecraft was developed for about a week before its public release on May 17, 2009 on the TIGSource forums, where it gained a considerable level of popularity. It has been continually updated and patched since then, and while it was still in alpha release, it garnered several hundred thousand sales and received critical notice and acclaim from many reviewers. It passed a million units sold on January 12, 2011, less than a month after reaching Beta. (I totally stole all that from Wiki XD)

MineCraft is set up in a similar way to what you would see in BYOND's Isometric systems... Only better obviously.

I think this game has a lot of potential as a make your own adventure game. You are given a character who is stuck in a world that is full of monsters that come out at night and try to kill you (these monsters are like zombies and blob monsters that explode) Your task is really to explore the islands, build shelters and weapons and defend yourself at night from these creatures.

Something interesting about this game is that the owner of this game unlike most others actually WANTS you to screw around with it. It is open for you to mod however you want and there are many many many mods out there pre-made just waiting for you to add to the game and enjoy. It is single and multi-player so you can enjoy with your friends. AND!!! Another perk top this game, the owner actually doesn't mind or track those who download the game for free. That's right! You heard me. The owner is for piracy!

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=34553

Not saying you should pirate the software, obviously it is a really cheap price for a cool game that is getting updated constantly and when it leaves beta you don't have to re-buy it. but that being said, it is nice to see someone in the "biz" who also has the same thoughts on piracy as myself and others I know. There is a guy who is looking at his glass half full!

So over all I would give MineCraft 4.5 out of 5 stars! It isn't finished but it is still pretty awesome and it is definitely worth checking out.
I'm sorry this is not relevant, but i think you have a lovely Css.
I think so too. =] A really awesome guy made it for me for free! He is the best. ^_^
Aww that's kind of him, and Really nice of you to say so.

I think that guy's been working on his own Css quite a bit too, it may be only related to Anime.. but what do you think?

Timmy
It's nice. =] I love the color scheme. Only issue I have is the background picture is hard to see because the transparency on the boxes isn't light enough. Other wise it looks great. Good job. =]