ID:161602

how do i make it so that the char has a speed var/delay or whatever. its like so that the mob(you) cant move so fast like u usually do when u first create a game. whats that var called again i know its already built-in can somoene tell me what its called and the var its self. thanks.
Agrey123 wrote:
whats that var called again i know its already built-in can somoene tell me what its called and the var its self. thanks.

I don't believe such a variable is built-in (if there is one, now, I'd like to know!). Usually, I believe that this is handled by checking against the mob's last movement time, and if it was too close to the current time, the movement fails. i.e.

mob
var
last_move
wait = 5
Move()
if(!last_move || world.time - last_move >= wait) // if they've waited long enough
. = ..()
if(.) // If movement succeeded.
last_move = world.time

Basically, in Move(), it checks if world.time - last_move is greater than or equal to the necessary wait time (You can look the world.time variable up in your local DM Reference via F1 in Dream Maker). If sufficient time has passed, then it attempts to move. If movement is successful, last_move is set to world.time, as a reference point for when the next move may occur. Alternatively, one may decide that even if the movement failed, last_move should be set to world.time. It's a design call.

Hiead