ID:260436

At runtime, if there's some kind of error that prevented the interface from working, output it to Options & Messages?

Right now I'm having problems with a .winset instruction and I haven't got the faintest clue what's going on.

-- Data
Android Data wrote:
At runtime, if there's some kind of error that prevented the interface from working, output it to Options & Messages?

Right now I'm having problems with a .winset instruction and I haven't got the faintest clue what's going on.

This feature is already implemented. When you try to reference a window or control that doesn't exist, or a parameter that doesn't exist, you'll get an error message in O&M.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
But not if your .winset command was malformed. It should also tell me what I did wrong with that.

-- Data
In response to Android Data
Android Data wrote:
But not if your .winset command was malformed. It should also tell me what I did wrong with that.

Maybe if you can show me the command you used I can figure out why it failed and build something in.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
I don't know it on the top of my head, but it was something like:

.winset "default_left.child.bottom=none ? default_right.child.top=none default_left.child.bottom=\"default_info\" : default_left.child.bottom=none default_right.child.top=\"default_info\""

-- Data
In response to Android Data
Are you sure that's really not working? I think you're just not seeing it do anything because all you're doing is moving the same pane around. With only one side filled, the pane will fill the whole child control.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
The default_left.child control contains the map by default, whereas the default_right.child control contains the output/input box by default. The panes have childs so that the info tab can be moved to the bottom of the map or to the top of the chat pane just like in the old 3.5 skin, which I'm replicating.

This is the fixed version:
.winset "default_left.child.bottom=default_info?default_left.child.bo ttom=null default_right.child.top=default_info: default_right.child.top=null default_left.child.bottom=default_info"

-- Data